Latest update of Windows 10 destroyed my Search capability in File Explorer

Reaction score
Using Toshiba 64-bit 8gb mem, 2T hard drive.

Does anyone test any of these updates that get slammed dunked into our computers? Or is it just slam dunk it in and wait for the customer to figure out how to fix the problems? What happened to pride in workmanship? And it's not just this update, it is EVERY update, they all manage to screw up our computers to where we spend unnecessary frustrated hours fixing your mistakes.

How do I get Search capability back? Everything I enter in the search box in file explorer comes back as No Items Match Your Search. I can open the folder and see a dozen items whose titles have the word I just searched for.

I guess that is all the info I can enter right now since I can't enter all the expletives that I would like to enter.
A very dissatisfied hornswoggled mark.

Reaction score
The only issue I have with File Explorer and the older Windows Explorer of Win7 and earlier is its Search includes all the subFolders. For the purpose of searching only the parent or current Folder I use Total Commander, might work the same with Free Commander.

Reaction score
Have you checked whether the search service is running? If not, start it manually and that may help.

Reaction score
This is a 2 year old thread. It's doubtful he/she's still having issues. Plus I think that was long fixed by an update.

Ask a Question