SOLVED windows 7 style games were deleted after the latest windows 10 update

Reaction score
I tried to reinstall the winaero.com files that installed the windows 7 style games (like solitaire, free cell, etc) after I first got windows 10. With the latest update they were removed and I've tried everything I could think of to get them back. I even restored the previous version of windows 10. The installation runs but nothing happens. I hate the windows 10 version of these games. HELP.

Reaction score
I keep a zip of the Winaero stuff and a file called msgames_win8_x64.msi to reinstall the old games when necessary. The msgames file has been sometimes needed after a major update, not after a monthly update.

I notice that even if the games get deleted that the scores remain.

Reaction score
I see that happening frequently and so far it has never been a problem to simply reinstall them. A couple of times it did help to delete the icons/tiles first. I was just on winaero.com and didn't see the games listed, if you have them store an extra copy on a different drive.

Last edited:

Ask a Question