SOLVED Problem after Windows latest update

Reaction score
Latest problem after Windows update:
I seem to always have a problem with my computer when Microsoft installs their latest update(s) and the other day was a doozy.
When I start my computer I got a message "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then the screen goes blank. I cannot do anything, I have tried to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool cd, but I can’t get beyond the blank 1st screen when I try to start the computer. How do I get my computer to read from my cd? I have tried the turn off turn on 3 times but to no avail.

Reaction score
Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model of the problem computer.

Ben

Reaction score
How do I get my computer to read from my cd? I have tried the turn off turn on 3 times but to no avail.
You either have to hit an F key (which will vary depending on motherboard manufacture/model) to bring up the boot menu, or boot in to the bios and set the cd drive to boot first (this will also vary by motherboard manufacture/model).

Reaction score
This is the info for my Laptop
Toshiba Satellite S70-B-10U 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook (Metal) - (Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Hybrid, Windows 10) Take note when I got it Windows 8 was installed but I updated it to Windows 10.
Today I took it to our local Computer Club and the group took an interest and worked on it and it was decided the Hard Drive was not working correctly. I am having a new Solid State drive installed and that should take care of my problem. So, for now, I am going to label this as solved and if I have any more problems I will be back on the site with my tales of woe.
Thanks for the interest and help

Ask a Question