Problem after Windows latest update

SOLVED Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Updates' started by nownthen, Aug 9, 2018.

1. nownthen

nownthen

Latest problem after Windows update:
    I seem to always have a problem with my computer when Microsoft installs their latest update(s) and the other day was a doozy.
    When I start my computer I got a message "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then the screen goes blank. I cannot do anything, I have tried to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool cd, but I can’t get beyond the blank 1st screen when I try to start the computer. How do I get my computer to read from my cd? I have tried the turn off turn on 3 times but to no avail.

nownthen, Aug 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. nownthen

Ben Myers

Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model of the problem computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Aug 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. nownthen

BigFeet

You either have to hit an F key (which will vary depending on motherboard manufacture/model) to bring up the boot menu, or boot in to the bios and set the cd drive to boot first (this will also vary by motherboard manufacture/model).

BigFeet, Aug 10, 2018
  4. nownthen

nownthen

This is the info for my Laptop
    Toshiba Satellite S70-B-10U 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook (Metal) - (Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Hybrid, Windows 10) Take note when I got it Windows 8 was installed but I updated it to Windows 10.
    Today I took it to our local Computer Club and the group took an interest and worked on it and it was decided the Hard Drive was not working correctly. I am having a new Solid State drive installed and that should take care of my problem. So, for now, I am going to label this as solved and if I have any more problems I will be back on the site with my tales of woe.
    Thanks for the interest and help

nownthen, Aug 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question