SOLVED I've just applied the latest Windows upgrade and have a problem creating an eth0 connection

BEH

Reaction score
I've just upgraded to
EDITION - WINDOWS 10 PRO
VERSION - 1709
BUILD - 16299.98

I've been starting VMPlayer and connecting to Teradata using an eth0 connection... Following the latest upgrade the eth0 connection is not being made when VMPlayer starts... thus.. I'm unable to connect to Teradata... has anyone seen the issue of an eth0 connection not being created... Currently I'm stopped...

thanks

BEH

Reaction score
I don't have a homegroup, I have a single laptop. The error I'm getting is 'The network bridge on device vmnet0 is not running.' I saw this following the Windows 10 upgrade to 1703. So, same issue following the upgrade to 1709... I have VMPlayer 6.0.7, I do not have Workstation installed, only VMPlayer .

To correct the issue following the 1703 upgrade I applied a KB - KB4022716. However there is nothing to apply for 1709..
I took a sys. image copy following 1703 install and KB4022716.
So, at this point I simply don't know what to do... I've never backed out updates, and I've never performed a system restore using an image copy... I'd really like to avoid those options if possible.. plus I'd need some guidance with either of them....

BEH

Reaction score
Question: Did you have the VM setup before the MS update?
I've had VMPlayer running fine for years, across a couple of versions. It was working correctly until the latest MS upgrade. Now, having said that.
I've tried a few times to reestablish the VMPlayer Bridge Protocol and voila, after my latest reboot,
The ETH0 connection is now being made. BUT,, wouldn't you know it... I'm now getting a different msg.
showing up during the startup, in the section SETTING UP (localfs) NETWORK INTERFACES... it occurs
immediately following the eth0 connection being made...
and is as follows 'waiting for mandatory devices - eth1' .
I have no idea what this means since I have never seen it before, but I do know, I am functional once
again since the issue with eth0 apparently has been resolved... However I'd like to resolve this error msg.

Anyone have any ideas ? Bear in mind I am a network rookie.....

Ask a Question