I've found this to repair ZIP file. Is it good?

Reaction score
Last week, I created a ZIP archive on my friend's computer system. I actually wanted some of the important files. I had a USB drive of 16 GB, but the total size of data was more than 18 GB. I had no other option except compressing them into a ZIP archive. I did that. After that, I could easily store the ZIP archive on my USB drive. Yesterday when I was trying to extract that ZIP archive, I received this error message: The Compressed (Zipped) Folder "filename.zip" is invalid.

I can't ask my friend to provide me another ZIP archive of my data because he has already deleted those files as well as the ZIP file (he didn't want those files). After searching a lot on Google, I only found 3rd party software tools and all are paid. One of my friends asked me to go through this article (link removed).

I went through it, the author has shared two manual solutions to fix ZIP archive corruption. But I haven't tried any yet. I'm not that good for doing all such tech-stuff by my own. I would like you guys to help me here. Before using any of the manual tricks, I would like to know whether they are safe or not. I don't wanna create more mess with my ZIP archive.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Chance.

I'm sure many here will be happy to help you, but at this stage I don't see any detail in your post about:
  1. What you used to create the compressed ZIP file.
  2. Or either of the manual solutions suggested.
If you could provide these details I'm sure someone will let you know whether or not the method is sound or not.

Regards,

Regedit32

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't wanna create more mess with my ZIP archive.
Whatever you decide to do......
Copy the archive file to your desktop and work on the copy, thus preserving the original.
When attempting any type of repair of critical files, whatever they might be, always work on a copy of the file. That way, if one attempt fails, you can go back and make another copy and try something else.

Reaction score
Well if you deleted look in the recycle bin. You should always test a Zip file to see if you can access it. The zip file is corrupt so hopefully you can restore from recycle bin and recreate. I use 7zip for creating zip files.

Ask a Question