CFS 1,2,3

Reaction score
I have successfully installed combat flight simulators 1,2 and 3 on my new win10 machine, but can only get #1 to work. Even then my controller wont work, even though it shows to be functioning properly in the game test screen and in the control panel test screen. Not tech savvy, but any help would be appreciated.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not a gamer so I won't be able to help a lot here.

However, one thing you can post to help those in the know is whether these games are installed from CD/DVD's or whether you chose to use EXE files to install them as there has been a long standing issue between Microsoft and Gaming Programmers about seeking authentication from the CD during game play which is a known issue.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks John,

Someone with gaming knowledge will hopefully get involved in this thread shortly.

Looking on the flight simulator forums though it appears a work-around for troubles running these games on Windows 10 is to do some form of EXE installation to prevent the need for the Windows OS to seek info from the DVDs. I'm not sure what the issue there is precisely but keep that in mind when someone jumps in to help.

Reaction score
I am a member of the FS9 forum. I know that most people are having problems running FS9 in Windows 10 if you try running it in full screen mode. If you try windowed mode then it works. Might work for the versions of CS that the OP is having trouble with. I still run FS9 on a seperate HDD with Win XP on it. So I am not sure if this will work or not. Just relaying info that I have read. Also the work around for FS9 is called the No CD Patch. Works very well in FS9.

Ask a Question