Changing File Type Views in Explorer

Reaction score
I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're contained in themselves to extra large icons. (I know, it's really nitpicky and particular.)

Is there any way to do a mass change to the view option for all of a certain file type without having to go in and change the view option on hundreds of subfolders individually? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi
  1. Open the 1st level off yours images folder containing your subfolders. (Pictures for example)
  2. Choice the type of display you want for the folder and subfolders with the différents possibility on the top menu "Display"...
  3. Go again to the top menu and choice in "Display" the "Options" at the right.
  4. The windows of "Folder Options" are now opened, choose the tab "Options" (middle tab).
  5. Click on the button "Appli to folder" (sorry mi example is in french :) ) on zone "Display of Folders"

All the subfolders take the same "setting" of the 1st level folder !

Good use.
A+
Jean-Claude

PS: Sorry for my bad english. ;-)

Ask a Question