SOLVED Clear search history

Reaction score
super anti spyware found 1 item. To clear it last time this happened, I cleared search history. Today it said
"recently closed"....what does that mean and how do I deal with it?
Thank you for any assistance or information. (I can't receive email due to hacker, can you reply this site?)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Run Ccleaner to clear all your search histories across the board....ie all browsers and system. As for superantispyware, just follow the prompts for what it finds to clear them.

Reaction score
Thank you for response. I'm 78 so clueless as to what Ccleaner is. I feel so stupid!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being of age......stay young.

Click the hyper link in my post. It will take you to the download site. Download it and run it. It's a junk file remover and browser cleaner. Just make sure to do the custom install as it's bundle with a browser and some other software. Just uncheck those.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being of age......stay young.

Click the hyper link in my post. It will take you to the download site. Download it and run it. It's a junk file remover and browser cleaner. Just make sure to do the custom install as it's bundle with a browser and some other software. Just uncheck those.
Thank you for your response!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Have you also run your Anti Virus app?. You said (think!) you are being hacked?. :)

Reaction score
Have you also run your Anti Virus app?. You said (think!) you are being hacked?. :)
Yes...all is well there. (a hacker came into yahoo account through server with a 30 digit "computer generated" i.d. (sounded Russian..mjlviok then 25 or more letters and numbers following his name, in my draft file. He contacted ATT saying "I forgot my personal information" and was only sent the same email address he was in. I deleted him from draft, to trash then deleted trash and he's gone without getting any information. (ATT has flagged my account to not give any information unless they phone me) By I think, I meant no harm done. Both Yahoo and ATT were notified and sent his long address. I was told he entered through Yahoo server, not by my password.
Window defender is up to date as is anti Virus. I just noticed "recently closed" only applies to several addresses.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes...all is well there. (a hacker came into yahoo account through server with a 30 digit "computer generated" i.d. (sounded Russian..mjlviok then 25 or more letters and numbers following his name, in my draft file. He contacted ATT saying "I forgot my personal information" and was only sent the same email address he was in. I deleted him from draft, to trash then deleted trash and he's gone without getting any information. (ATT has flagged my account to not give any information unless they phone me) By I think, I meant no harm done. Both Yahoo and ATT were notified and sent his long address. I was told he entered through Yahoo server, not by my password.
Window defender is up to date as is anti Virus. I just noticed "recently closed" only applies to several addresses.
Yahoo has been compromised quite a few times in the past decades or so, to where I closed my account with them. My advice is; If you want to keep the email address and use it you'll have change the password. You should do this at least twice a year. Then use a different email client (software) to send and receive emails.

Reaction score
Yahoo has been compromised quite a few times in the past decades or so, to where I closed my account with them. My advice is; If you want to keep the email address and use it you'll have change the password. You should do this at least twice a year. Then use a different email client (software) to send and receive emails.

Ask a Question