"Close all windows" missing from Windows 10 Home explorer folders

Reaction score
My new PC has Windows 10 Home, and when I open multiple explorer folders, each one also displays a little folder icon on the task bar. So if I have 5 folders open, I also get 5 separate folder icons displaying on the task bar (see attached image). My work Windows 10 Enterprise PC avoids this. Only a single folder icon appears on the task bar. I want my Home PC to function like my Work PC, with just a single folder icon. The biggest benefit of the single folder icon, is that when I right-click that icon on the task bar, a menu appears that includes “Close All Windows” which allows me to close all explorer folders with a single click (see attached image). My Home PC doesn’t have this. When I right-click any of the multiple folder icons on the task bar, I get a “Close Window” (see other attached image) but not a “Close All Windows”, so I cannot close all my folders at once.

Is there any way to close all my explorer folders at once? Can I get my Home PC to give a “Close All Windows” option when I right-click on the task bar icon(s)? I have looked at my “Folder Options” and there is no setting that pertains to this feature. In fact, both my Work PC “Folder Options” and my Home PC “Folder Options” are configured exactly the same. So I don’t know how to get my Home PC to be more like my Work PC with regards to explorer folders.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

• Home PC Problem.jpg
    Home PC Problem.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 366
  • Work PC is what I want at home.jpg
    Work PC is what I want at home.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 287

Ask a Question