Common Password issues

Reaction score
I have just hit my first road bump upgrading to Windows 10. I'm really, really ticked that this upgrade automatically forces you to use the same password for your windows account to log into your laptop. How the H... does this enhance security? My entire name now comes up on the Windows log-in screen which blows anonymity in a public place. While I have my name on my emails for business purposes, I DO NOT want it emblazoned across my screen while sitting at the local coffee shop when I open my PC. When I used multiple passwords for hardware, email, etc...things were more secure. Now if someone cracks your email account password they have access to your hardware, software, phone etc., Does anyone know a work around for this? If not I'm ready to jump ship and go back to the previous version of Windows

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You don't need to use a Microsoft account to login, you can switch to a local account if you'd like (where you can use a username of your choice). I'll make an article on how to do this in the next couple of days, but you can switch types by doing the following:

Start > Settings > Account > Your Account > "Sign in with a local account instead"

Microsoft tries to dissuade you from doing this when installing/upgrading, but it is there :).

Reaction score
You don't need to use a Microsoft account to login, you can switch to a local account if you'd like (where you can use a username of your choice). I'll make an article on how to do this in the next couple of days, but you can switch types by doing the following:

Start > Settings > Account > Your Account > "Sign in with a local account instead"

Microsoft tries to dissuade you from doing this when installing/upgrading, but it is there :).
Thank you. I will try to do this over the holidays and let you know. Please let me know when your article is available.
Thx

Ask a Question