Computer boots to a temporary profile

Reaction score
My computer keeps booting to a temp profile. I tried restarting like it said but it won't work. Reinstalling Win 10 Creators works OK UNTIL I shutdown and boot back up. Rebooting while it's running works fine after the reinstall of the OS. I just can't shutdown and boot back up without the temporary profile. I was running 7. I upgraded my computer to a dual core, 6 gigs RAM and a new hard drive for the win 10 install. I've been online and tried at least 7 ways to correct this problem but none do. Altering the registry. Changing user accounts with command prompt (admin). Running DISM and SFC to restore OS health. No go with anything. I have to reinstall win 10 every time I want to use the computer. I can install win 10, and with nothing else installed I then shutdown. Then I boot back up and there it is ...the temp profile account. I'm lost Any ideas fellows? I might try win 8/8.1 if I can find it.

Reaction score
I just installed 8.1 and it works like greased lightning! VERY fast. And, I can now do a complete shutdown of the computer and then restart and it boots to my administrator account like it should. Can't do it with 10. It boots to a temp account. I even updated my drivers and installed my apps and it works just fine. What's wrong with 10 OR maybe 10 just doesn't like my computer. It's an older HP with win 7. But, I still would like to find out why 10 won't work right.

Ask a Question