Dagnabbit!

Reaction score
Woke computer from sleep mode and immediately started an endless cycle of reboots and blue screens.
Page fault non paged area
IRQL not less or equal
Auto repair starts and fails
0xc000021a
memory management
Auto repair starts and fails
Page fault in non paged area
Kmode not handled NTFS.sys
Driver IRQL not less or equal NETIO.sys
0xc000021a

System rebooted between the above string of errors and I just shut the system down. It was working OK before it went into sleep mode.

Fortunately my second computer is operational but has a problem with the Edge browser. I was going to use it and got the page that shows in the attached picture. NOD32 virus scan is clean. Tried to run Malwarebytes and it had numerous problems and I was finally able to delete it with the MBAM removal program and get it reinstalled. It also came up with a clean scan. No idea where this Edge problem came from and the only way to close it is using the task manager end task option. Doesn't look like I have any malware or virus and needless to say I have not called the phone number.

Edit: this popped up when I tried to open You Tube.

edge problem1.jpg

Reaction score
Once again Easeus Todo backup has come to my rescue. Just did a system restore from a July 2 backup and system is working with no issues at the moment (knocking rapidly on wood). If Microsoft unleashes this mess on the public there will be mass riots in the streets of Seattle.

Reaction score
If Microsoft unleashes this mess on the public there will be mass riots in the streets of Seattle.
Dipsy, I don't want to point a finger at only you. But who else is having this issue? I've had system shut down causing reboot loops, but not once have I received a message with a phone number. If it is a common problem then I do apologize but I don't see anyone else complaining about this.

Reaction score
The system with all the blue screens and errors is once again caught up in an endless loop of blue screens and errors. The picture of the screen showing the Edge browser is actually on my second computer which is the one I'm posting on now. Aside from the Edge browser thing it is operating normally. I'm guessing that the problems in the other computer are being caused by the NVIDIA GTX 980 driver. I haven't done anything with either computer that would normally cause a system failure such as installing a program. In this series of errors the computer was operating normally until it went into sleep mode. When I woke it up the problems started. I've been building and messing with computers since the DOS days and have played with a couple of beta programs and upgraded to new Windows versions usually on the day they were released. I don't recall any of them being as error prone as Windows 10. Both of my computers are current builds with name brand components. Creative labs latest info indicates they will not have a working Windows 10 program for their popular Z cards until August. Not sure if NVIDIA's driver is ready for Windows 10 or not.

It's always possible that it might be a hardware problem and I trying to track that down now.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have seen a few guys with intel x99 chipsets complaining about similar issues with Windows 10 and one or two with high end NVidia GPUs, but I think they were dual cards in SLI and multiple monitors.

Reaction score
Using Safari browser, perchance?

It is a scam. Plenty of suggestions on the web if you browse. If you ring the number requested, you will be asked for your financial details. - DON'T

Type "This site says Safari Alert" in your browser search, and help yourself to the advice given!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Driver IRQL not less or equal NETIO.sys
Hey Dipsy....
This is a blue screen that we sometimes see associated with Norton / Symantec products. Do you happen to be running such a third party security suite on the problem machine.
It can also be associated with a NIC driver issue. Are you running a driver for your network card from the MoBo Manufacturer or the Device Manufacturer (latest version) hopefully at least Windows 8.1?
Kmode not handled NTFS.sys
Since these might indicate a hard disk issue, have you ran the native Check Disk utility against whatever driver is hosting your page / swap file.
Presuming C:
chkdsk c: /R

I'm no blue screen expert but I just thought I would mention these.
Additionally, if you feel like it, you might want to hit it with http://www.memtest.org/
The bootable ISO for the latest version are located halfway down the page.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave and Trouble. I managed to clear the Edge browser by quickly clicking the home page icon when the browser opened. The hijacked "safari" page just went away and has not returned. All scans are still negative so it appears no malware or virus was present or installed.

I don't have any Norton products on either of my computers. Today's update to build 10166 has not produced any blue screens or crashes so I'm not suspecting a hard drive problem. I'm fiddling with my memory sticks now to see if I can spot a memory problem.

Ask a Question