Desktop icons out of my control

Reaction score
I started using a new monitor with a different aspect ratio. Now I find all my icons are confined to the left of the screen which I take to be representative of the old monitor's aspect ration.
But not only but if I move icons they don't stay where I put them on reboot.
They will not stay on the unused right of the screen but nor will they even stay in their new positions on the left.
I can't find a way to break this behaviour.
However there is an app that is not constrained like this. Perhaps. rainlendar. it has its desktop windows on the right side no trouble. but i guess they're not icons.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1559).png
    Screenshot (1559).png
    344.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
What size is the monitor and what is the Display Resolution? Right-click the desktop and choose Display Settings. I had to make some adjustments when I changed from an HP 2105" monitor to a Dell 24" monitor I was given. Based on the onboard video [Intel UHD Graphics 630] the largest is 1920 by 1080 which is the recommended size and I set the Scale at 150%. There is no VGA port on my Dell Vostro 5890 so I use a DisplayPort adapter to VGA to accommodate my KVM.

Reaction score
Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, click "View" and make sure that "Auto arrange icons" is unchecked.

Ben

Ask a Question