Do I have to pay?

Reaction score
Currently have Windows 10 Installed on my computer. I got it for free while you could and updated from my Windows 8.1. I'm just wondering as I want to do a factory reset on my computer will I be to get Windows 10 back as I know you have to pay for it now?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your PC is registered with Microsoft so a factory reset will keep your W10 licence intact.

Reaction score
Your motherboard ahs been connected and registered with the MS servers dedicated for that purpose.
You will no longer be required to enter a key, on the same computer. In fact, if requested, make a point of bypassing the requirement.

Reaction score
Your motherboard ahs been connected and registered with the MS servers dedicated for that purpose.
You will no longer be required to enter a key, on the same computer. In fact, if requested, make a point of bypassing the requirement.
Fantastic. May be stupid but since I don't have a disk how do I start the factory reset :) Thanks appreciate the help

Reaction score
If you really mean Factory reset, I would not advise it. It will possibly put your computer back to whatever OS you originally had installed. It will also remove all the software you have installed, as will most methods of returning to the original.
It would be a long post to describe the options, but this should help:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/soft...4/how-to-reset-windows-10-to-factory-settings
I have not used these options, but have read several posts referring to errors - your choice!

I think your best option, if you want to start over, is to download the media creation tool from Microsoft. This gives you the option of totally reinstalling Windows 10. As I said earlier, do not, when installing, put in the keys.

get the tool here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Reaction score
Read the posts. As Tim and I have stated, once Windows 10 has been installed and registered with your motherboard, there is no further requirement for a key.

Ask a Question