Will I have to pay for Windows 10 "UPDATES" (not upgrade) after one year?

Reaction score
I just called a Microsoft technician who claims that I have to "pay extra charges" for updates to Windows 10 after one year.

Although Windows 10 upgrade and updates is free for one year, the UPDATES to the Windows 10 upgrade is NOT FREE after a year.

Is this true or not? If it is, then everyone needs to know this and downgrade to their original version.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-6921-440e-8b91-75498b3ca639?tm=1439162062192

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boy, I don't think that, that is correct but.......
IF it is true then it shouldn't be long before you, me and the rest of the planet find out about it.

Personally, I'll wait around for the other shoe to drop, if there even is one.

Doesn't sound right to me as MS has never charged to the best of my knowledge for updates, important, critical, optional, security, what have you.

Now that is not to say that there will not be at some future time a new update category, something entitled, something like feature enrichment and enhancement (OH You've gotta have this) category, for which they may charge but at this point I'm thinking, rumor based on conjecture and speculation and who knows what.

Reaction score
That statement would be false. Few would ever pay for updates, which would be a security nightmare.

Reaction score
When was the last time, if there was such a time, that Windows updates were extra charge ?

Free upgrade.jpg

Ask a Question