Eclipsed

Bif

Reaction score
Hope everyone that is so inclined enjoys the big event tomorrow!, But PLEASE be careful and do not look at any portion leading up to totality with the naked eye.
#14 welders glass or the ISO approved glasses are your only bet for direct viewing, or a simple pinhole camera device for indirect viewing.
Now let's hope for clear skies (gonna be cloudy and rainy here) to experience this cool event.
Enjoy!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope lots of you get a chance to see this :D. I have to wait until 2090 to see one in the UK, so wish me luck ;).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good luck.
We get another go-round in 7 years.
Gives all the eye doctors something to do I guess.
Who stares directly at the sun?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That would be good fun :).

I've just been watching a stream of the start of the eclipse on the BBC as I'm working - hope you guys get a chance to see it!

Bif

Reaction score
The grey laden skies parted just long enough to get this glimpse..feeling grateful..

P1030578.JPG

Reaction score
I tried getting pictures but I don't have the right equipment for it. I couldn't get my phone focused through a lens shade. And I don't play with the phone enough to know if there is a manual focus possibility (photographer I am not).

Bif

Reaction score
I tried getting pictures but I don't have the right equipment for it. I couldn't get my phone focused through a lens shade. And I don't play with the phone enough to know if there is a manual focus possibility (photographer I am not).
Oddly enough I used my magnesium Canon 20D with a 300mm lens and I couldn't get squat..then I grabbed my Panasonic Lumix point and shoot in full auto mode and got a bunch of decent shots, this being among the best.
Go figure!
I've been into photography for years, and I'm slowly learning that bigger/better/expensive isn't always the best choice.

Bif

Reaction score
Absolutely magnificent shot Norton!... thanks for sharing this..
May have to screensaver it myself!

Reaction score
Then you guys will love this screen saver, taken from the ISS August 21_17

Eclipse from ISS.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw those pictures on Facebook......... with airplanes and paratroopers photo shopped in it.....

Bif

Reaction score
I've become suspect on most public and all viral photos..just too easy to manipulate images these days..but It is an art in itself to creatively doctor the pixels.

Reaction score
Although here in Oklahoma we only had 87% totality it was still cool.

Showed the grandchildren how to make viewers from boxes and plain old cardboard with a pin hole in it.

A good family event as it reminded me when I was a child many many many years ago.

The PoorGuy :)