Experienced serveral bluescreens in the last few days

Reaction score
The HDD is fine. I checked it with the Seagate Tools. Both of them. :)

How do I check the PSU? Btw: I ran several benchmarks like Heaven Benchmark on ultra settings multiple times. My graphics card got up to 65 °C but no bluescreen appeared. In fact, since I installed the chipset drivers directly from the AMD website, no bluescreen appeared.

Reaction score
Hey there,

I experienced several bluescreens in the past days. I installed the anniversary update. Before that I also had problems with bluescreens, mostly caused by the nvidia drivers.

My PC specs:
  • ASRock 970 Pro3 2.0 mainboard
  • Kingston 2x8 gb ram @ 1600 MHz
  • AMD FX-8350 cpu 8x4.0 GHz
  • Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler
  • Palit GeForce® GTX 750 Ti KalmX (2048MB GDDR5)
I bought the mainboard, ram and the graphics card early this year. I already checked the ram with the integrated memory check tool, so I guess it's fine.

I'm out of ideas. I guess the graphics card is the problem, but I'm really now sure. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Reaction score
I think your problem is that you have a PCI express 3.0 graphics card in a PCI express 2.0 motherboard.

0xc0000221 0xc0000225 0xc0000098

These errors are a pain well I think i have cracked it won't know for a week or two. The PCI Express, PCI express 2.0 and PCI express 3.0 are different graphic cards with different speeds and different packet lengths there is about 3-4 main differences between these cards I have a PCI Express graphics card in a PCI Express 2.0 Motherboard and have been butting my head against the wall for a week now and last night I think I cracked it. Header checksum doesn't match computed checksum this is what these errorss add up to and I believe the header mentioned here is the Header in the graphics that has to match digital analog monitors TV video DVD if the sums don't match when measuring the compatibility of the sent packages then they get disgarded. I know you will read that these different cards will run together MOST of the time but that was 3 years ago before the new complications of the modern computers I haven't tested my theory yet its only a theory so far but if you are having the same problem and you have a matching graphics card on hand I would love to hear if my theory is correct as I am poor and will have to wait to buy a new graphics card which I hope to order tonight as this makes sense to me.....

Reaction score
Mhm... I thought those thing were compatible? Can someone confirm that?

If so, I'll return my main board and get a newer one with PCIe 3.

Thank you very much! :)

Reaction score
Not always compatable in modern complicated computers you will see the word Most in CAPATILS in the above post.

Base Clock Speed: PCIe 3.0 = 8.0GHz, PCIe 2.0 = 5.0GHz, PCIe 1.1 = 2.5GHz
Data Rate: PCIe 3.0 = 1000MB/s, PCIe 2.0 = 500MB/s, PCIe 1.1 = 250MB/s
Total Bandwidth: (x16 link): PCIe 3.0 = 32GB/s, PCIe 2.0 = 16GB/s, PCIe 1.1 = 8GB/s
Data Transfer Rate: PCIe 3.0 = 8.0GT/s, PCIe 2.0= 5.0GT/s, PCIe 1.1 = 2.5GT/s

Reaction score
The HDD is fine. I checked it with the Seagate Tools. Both of them. :)

How do I check the PSU? Btw: I ran several benchmarks like Heaven Benchmark on ultra settings multiple times. My graphics card got up to 65 °C but no bluescreen appeared. In fact, since I installed the chipset drivers directly from the AMD website, no bluescreen appeared.

I always use a digital multimeter to check PSU's. A weak or failing PSU can cause a multitude of problems. They can be intermittent and might become more frequent as time goes on. Not saying you bought a cheap PSU but a lot of people will buy top notch components and then buy a cheap PSU.

Reaction score
I always use a digital multimeter to check PSU's. A weak or failing PSU can cause a multitude of problems. They can be intermittent and might become more frequent as time goes on. Not saying you bought a cheap PSU but a lot of people will buy top notch components and then buy a cheap PSU.
My power supply is a beQuiet! Strait Power E9 400 W. So far it was a pretty good one. Not sure about the PSU. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
You guys know what? I just remembered that my PC restarted a few times without a bluescreen. It seemed like the power was gone for a sec. I thought it was my power strip, but now... Hmmm

Reaction score
Interesting... Mine is 80+.

Out of curiosity: Which brand of power supplies would you recommend?

Sorry I have been out of town. I prefer Corsair or Antec. My current Corsair TX850W has been going strong for 5 years now.

Reaction score
Thank you ram for the advice.

I had to reinstall Windows after a bluescreen caused to destroy several necessary system files. today was pretty hot and my freshly installed system got bluescreened 2 times. I will exchange the mainboard first. If that doesn't work, I will replace the power supply by a Seasonic (I found a good one).

Reaction score
I think I am going to buy a GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P. I don't want to get into trouble because this is the cheapest, so I ask in advance. What do you think of that mainboard? Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Its possible your cmos battery is low causing bios details to change altering your ram timing in the bios

Ask a Question