Explorer.EXE using 12% CPU during 2-3 min. after my PC starts up or re-boots

Reaction score
Hi,

Since I upgraded from Win 7 Home to Win 10 x64, during the first 2-3 minutes after the start up or reboot process Explorer.exe process uses 12% CPU, so I rebooted in SAFE mode, to discard any possible NON Microsoft start up program which could be using the CPU, the Explorer.exe uses exactly the same 12%.

I already checked for any nasty program, virus, root-kit, etc. with MBAM and I am using the latest BitDefender AV, besides having the Win10 OS up to date and everything is fine!

I also checked for for any OS possible corrupted file by running sfc /scannow and everything is fine also, so I downloaded process explorer and ran it like admin, so I discovered that within Explorer.exe Threads, there is the culprit of using the 12% CPU during 2-3 minutes: it is one of the several SHCORE.dll!DllGetClassObject+0x680´s that appear on the Threads window of Process Explorer (please take a look at the attached .JPG).

Explorer.exe CPU usage.jpg

This is as far as my technical knowledge gets, so I would appreciate any suggestion or advise on this issue which being annoying, is not a show stopper, because besides the CPU 12% usage during the 2-3 min after Start up, everything is working as it should.

Thank you guys in advance :)

Enrique Diazruanova

Reaction score

Ask a Question