Hopefully you keyboard shortcuts are still working:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
- Click on File | select Run new task
- Type explorer.exe | then click OK
- Close Task manager
I am curious though whether you are trying to literally find "explorer.exe"
in your Task Manager list.
What you should be looking for is Windows Explorer
which has a yellow folder icon with the blue clip just like on your Taskbar.
Another thought: It is possible your system is affected by some form of Malware which has corrupted the Shell execution of explorer.exe
A quick way to check for this is to open your Registry Editor and take a look at a specific key:
- Press Winkey + R
- Type regedit press Enter | click Yes
- Expand the keys in left pane to this location:
- Click on Winlogon to view contents in right pane
In right pane double click Shell
- Under its Value Data: you should see explorer.exe and no other entry!
- If there are any other entries highlight all and delete, then replace with explorer.exe
- Press F5 to refresh Registry
- Close registry editor
- Run a thorough Malware scan
- Reboot computer
Anyway, let us know whether or not you succeeded with above steps.