Facebook Marketplace question

Reaction score
Hello, I'm asking in this group because I really haven't been able to find a good place to ask. I've sent emails to FB supposed help addresses but so far with no sort of help at all. This is my situation. In a post at:

a used car dealer posted to Facebook Marketplace :

"2010 Subaru Forester AWD 4 CYL Autiomatic POwer windows and Locks Very Nice Car absolutely No Rust and Runs Like New 180K and would never Know It... New Inspection Sticker 100% Warranty 30 Day PLate 6900.00 Gastkets all done Timimg was done and water pump all with in a few weeks. Call anytime"

I bought the vehicle because of the work which supposedly had been done and it turns out it had not been done. Now I'm having to pay to have it actually get done because the head gasket is in bad condition. The post has been removed. Is it possible to prove that it was ever on Facebook Marketplace by some sort of archive or seller history or anything?

Thank you for any help!
David Harrison

Reaction score
One would have to think so, but it would, more than likely, have to be through FB itself. There HAS to be some kind of record of the sales post. As for FB (Marketplace) standing up for buyers who got the shaft from unscrupulous sellers, that probably would be happening as, more than likely, it's a 'buyer beware' type of scenario. You would probably have to secure the original FB Marketplace sales post (somehow) and pursue it yourself from there. Exactly how that would be done, through FB, remains to be seen. I don't have a lot of faith in their overall integrity myself.

Not much help, I know. But if you try to dig a little deeper inside FB, maybe you can come up with something. They HAVE to have some kind of record of this original sales post somewhere.

Ask a Question