Found solution for auto start signing-in!

Reaction score
For the longest time I'd been trying to stop having to sign in at start and then after each pause or wake-up. This is what I did and what helped me (there may be a shortcut but I don't know it as I'm a kind of newbie):

STOP SIGNING IN AT START: I used the formula of the word "netplwiz" which it appears throughout the thread.

STOP SIGNING IN AT PAUSES OR WAKINGS: control panel >hardware & sound >power options >system settings. In system settings scroll down a bit to the title: "Password Protection on Wake-up", then click on "Don't Require a Password", and "Save Changes".

I didn't have to change or delete my email address. Just did the above and .... bingo!

Of course I tested it all day today but...tomorrow only God and MS knows if it'll still work lol! I hope this will help many.

Lastly, I got confused with this website and not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I wanted to post it where I had some months ago posted this as my problem, but it wouldn't take my log-in so I came to post it here. Perhaps a moderator could transfer it where it should be posted? Thank you.

Reaction score
No problem with posting in this section, as far as I can see.

The solution is well published, but I am really happy to see that you tracked it down yourself good learning experience.
You might be interested in knowing that Microsoft are suggesting that the Control Panel may one day be entirely eliminated from Windows 10.. - useful as it is!
But, the Windows 10 path you should have taken to your solution, would have been
Start button - Settings - Accounts - Sign in options. The function is listed there.

Reaction score
No problem with posting in this section, as far as I can see.

The solution is well published, but I am really happy to see that you tracked it down yourself good learning experience.
You might be interested in knowing that Microsoft are suggesting that the Control Panel may one day be entirely eliminated from Windows 10.. - useful as it is!
But, the Windows 10 path you should have taken to your solution, would have been
Start button - Settings - Accounts - Sign in options. The function is listed there.

Thank you Dave. I forgot to add in my post above that the netplwiz formula worked for me ONLY on the start login, but not in wake or pause; hence I had to persist with my wild search lol!

You are very right that you gave us a shorter path to get to the same solution from the very beginning, but for the life of me I couldn't find the way to go to "Settings" so belatedly (read stupidly) I thought of the "Find" function!

MS doesn't surprise me anymore with its unreasonable and unnecessary changes, but....what will it give us in exchange for the Control Panel I wonder?

Thanks again for all the help you've been giving us for all these months! :)

Ask a Question