SOLVED Frustration of Updates!

Reaction score
Weds 9th March major update more like a re-installing of Windows 10 which left me back at the begining when I installed my update on Jan 27th. I had to re-install my printers and scanner, fine but having had problems with my Epson Stylus Photo R200 which after a couple of days playing about got working great and was still working until this latest update and now again won't work so face having to unistall and reinstall until it works again. Is this going to happen everytime, I was getting to like Windows 10 and happy using it and now having had it over a month can't return to Windows 7 pro.

My laptop updated yesterday and likewise it wipped out my printer/scanner drivers, with my limited knowledge it is frustrating to say the least.

Any suggestions why this happens and have others had this full reinstalling type of update?

Reaction score
Yippee!! the printer is now working due to an update installing - but if I am having to go through this again what a frustration I don't need. Anyone e;lse having these problems.

Reaction score
Yes, but for a different reason. I live in the country, on a really slow connection. The mandatory updates seem to take priority and, whilst downloading, give me problems with slow connection on other computers in the house, but, worst, huge problems if I am streaming TV.
I just live with it. Maybe one day I will be able to get a better internet connection.

Reaction score
Oh how frustrating that is I had a similar problem when I was on dial up but once changed to broadband it was better and the frustrating of that blessed circle spinning on the TV while it is doing it's thing. What I found frustrating was that it was working fine, but fingers crossed it is again until the next time.

But I do feel for you and hope that you get a better connection in the near future.

Ask a Question