Gateway DX4870_No output from cpu and no bios beeps!

Reaction score
I have a Gateway DX4870 that was purchased with Windows 8.1 and was updated to Windows 10 last year. Just last week not long after the Windows 10 update, I attempted to turn on the computer. No beeps, no video output to monitor, and no keyboard lights. I've checked everything including swapping monitors, cables, bought new video card, new psu, did a pwr cycle, removed battery and still nothing!
Please help!

Reaction score
I have a Gateway DX4870 that was purchased with Windows 8.1 and was updated to Windows 10 last year. Just last week not long after the Windows 10 update, I attempted to turn on the computer. No beeps, no video output to monitor, and no keyboard lights. I've checked everything including swapping monitors, cables, bought new video card, new psu, did a pwr cycle, removed battery and still nothing!
Please help!

Does the Computer even get power from the outlet?? Do the fans even run??
From what you are writing I can only conclude that your motherboard has died and needs replacing.

Reaction score
Does the Computer even get power from the outlet?? Do the fans even run??
From what you are writing I can only conclude that your motherboard has died and needs replacing.
Thanks for your reply Grizzly. Yes, my fan comes on but no beeps from mob. That's pretty much what I've concluded as well (motherboard dead). I was hoping for maybe one or two things I hadn't done or basically for a miracle!

Reaction score
Try this: Remove all your memory (RAM) and start the PC. If it beeps the motherboard seems ok, if not you need to spend some money....

Reaction score
Wanna have mine?? Gateway 500S, 14 years old and still running (Windows 7 max, no
Windows 8 or 10 possible) :D:D

Reaction score
How is the power unit connection, is the fan spinning there?. Have you moved/knocked/pulled the PC at any time recently?, did it suddenly happen or over the course of a couple of days?. ;)

Ask a Question