SOLVED Google Earth Error 1603

Reaction score
Having had google earth on windows 10 for some months,it stopped working .itried to uninstall but that did not work,so I downloaded google again but still no result.Error 1603 keeps coming up. Any answers please(I am not very computer literate so please keep it simple!)

Reaction score
Go to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client, and verify that the program is still there (there should be a file named googleearth.exe in the folder). If there is, double click it and see if the program loads. If it does, delete the shortcut on your desktop (if there is one). Go back to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client, right click on googleearth.exe, click create shortcut, click yes to place on desktop. Now try and open it.

If that doesn't work, try the second post in this thread.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...3/2c97c434-d285-4436-a111-7de3326b45e9?auth=1

Reaction score
Hello BigFeet,thanks for your help,but being I T thick Istill could not recover google earth.So I put the computer into drydock and the clever guy fixed it for the grand sum of ten euros!!! It appears that this is a regular occurence.Regards Jeffy.

Reaction score
Go to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client, and verify that the program is still there (there should be a file named googleearth.exe in the folder). If there is, double click it and see if the program loads. If it does, delete the shortcut on your desktop (if there is one). Go back to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client, right click on googleearth.exe, click create shortcut, click yes to place on desktop. Now try and open it.

Thank you Big Feet!!! This worked for me. AWESOME!

Ask a Question