SOLVED Google mail and outlook does not work any longer

Reaction score
It seems that google mail has raised its security by refusing some software from login in. My Outlook mail software can no longer sign in on pop/smtp server, Connection denied. Is there a hope that this security issue in outlook will be fixed?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As it has been this way for quite a while, I'm not sure that there is any "fix" in the near offing.
You can remedy it by going to your good Gmail account web interface and adjusting your setting for "Less secure app access"

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
As it has been this way for quite a while, I'm not sure that there is any "fix" in the near offing.
You can remedy it by going to your good Gmail account web interface and adjusting your setting for "Less secure app access"

I have done this and getting mail works but sending does still not work there is a setting needed to be configured regarding the smpt server.

Reaction score
I got it to work!
I did as you suggested by setting th the Gmail to "Less secure app access" On my site i repaird the email konto in outlook. It then send a test email that outlook picked up. so my outlook is fixed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem.
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
These are my settings in Outlook, for my gmail account used with POP3 and SMTP

My ourlook is an old office 2007 outlook. Just for fun I tryed to install the new office, and there the outlook just worked. The office 2007 is satisfying for me so i uninstalled the new office.

Ask a Question