SOLVED Opened Google yesterday then opened a CNET page. Today I opened Google and a CNET page opened!

BML

Reaction score
Yesterday I opened up Google using Internet Explorer to access the CNET Computer Help forum to ask a question. Now, when I open up Google with Internet Explorer the CNET Computer Help forum page opens first and I have to delete it to access Google Internet Explorer which is underneath. Could anyone please let me know how to get back to normalcy?

Reaction score
Close any Web pages not wanted, open the one you do want to always open. In either Internet Explorer and Tools or Control Panel, Internet Options and the first panel General will have a place you can choose to use only that Web page such as Use current or Use Default
upload_2018-10-14_10-10-8.png

BML

Reaction score
Yesterday I opened up Google using Internet Explorer to access the CNET Computer Help forum to ask a question. Now, when I open up Google with Internet Explorer the CNET Computer Help forum page opens first and I have to delete it to access Google Internet Explorer which is underneath. Could anyone please let me know how to get back to normalcy?

Many, many thanks Bighorn. Your instructions were easy to follow and the problem is resolved.

Ask a Question