gpedit not found even tho i downloaded it

Reaction score
So i'm getting this error saying that the application cant be found even tho i just installed it. I even tryed opening gpedit using the file path but it says the application couldn't be found. Its there I copyed the 2 folders and gpedit.msc over to the systems32 folder and everything. Cant find anything online about this either. It should work
upload_2017-7-28_9-50-11.png

Reaction score
I've tried the above link too, to install gpedit.msc.
Everything is seen to install smoothly with no errors.
But when running gpedit.msc under Administrator, I get an image saying 'MMC could not create the snap-in' as seen below.

Any clues whats the problem

GPedit prt.png

Reaction score
Where did you downloaded it? As far as I know it is part of Windows and does not need to be downloaded and installed though I can only speak for the Pro version...

Reaction score
It isn't part of the home edition, Grizzly. It is normally, only available to Administrators.
Most Group Policy settings actually change registry values in the background – in fact, you can see which registry value a group policy setting changes. However, Group Policy provides a more user-friendly interface and the ability to enforce these settings.

Reaction score
I did not know that about the Home Edition. That is why I said that "I can only speak for the pro version" above.
Never liked Home versions anyway :eek:

Reaction score
Well I've spent a few hours trying to this problem as shown above in my post.
Been to the link as suggested and tried as all suggested without any joy with 'Windows 10 Home'
sfc /scannow show no problems.
The only thing I cannot do as instructed in the registry, is to delete the "CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3". saying a error in deleting. Tried as suggested in editing 'permissions etc' and still cannot delete the 'clsid'.

I've also installed gpedit.msc with no problems on my Tablet which has Home, just cant get it sorted on my laptop. Would Kaspersky prevent any alterations to the registry.

Reaction score
Hi windy10,

I'm using Kaspersky Total Security, and I've made quite a few alterations to the Registry without Kaspersky stopping them.
The issue is probably somewhere else.

Regards ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ask a Question