Guest Account desktop Pulsates after its been Enabled

Den

Reaction score
After I activate my guest account with "net user guest /activate:yes" at the
dos command prompt, the guest desktop pulsates several time a second between the desktop
and then back to a black screen. It is as if the desktop continually attempts to get
initialized but continually fails to do so. I get a few dozen system errors that look
like this:

The Appx operation 'RegisterPackageAsync' on
'Windows.PurchaseDialog_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'Guest' - .
(Error: Package could not be registered.)

'Windows.PurchaseDialog_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'Guest' - .

The guest account is not useable at this point

Den

Reaction score
dos command prompt, the guest desktop pulsates several time a second between the desktop
and then back to a black screen. It is as if the desktop continually attempts to get
initialized but continually fails to do so. I get a few dozen system errors that look
like this:

like this:

Den

Reaction score
I haven't seen a response to this problem to indicate it has been resolved so it remains an open problem.

Reaction score
The problem will be elsewhere. The ones you're referring to are coming from/via the AppReadiness service, which if you disable the flickering won't stop, i.e. there's something else. I had a look at scheduled tasks and eventviewer as well but no avail so far.

Ask a Question