Windows 10 Guest Account Flashing

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 (32-bit) on my system about a week ago, and when I tried using the Guest login, I find that the screen keeps flashing endlessly. Things I've already tried, but which failed to produce results, include

1. "Open task manager ... under file (top left) "Run new task" ... type msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done) ... In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab .... Scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped ... (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support .... (2) Windows Error Report Service.... Disable these by unchecking .... Click Apply ... Click OK ... If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer ....."
2. Trying various solutions using Command Line

I know others are having the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with two computers, having tried solution 1 above, to no avail. I also tried System Restore, since that worked on a Windows 7 computer I met with this problem. It didn't, here.

The guest account worked at first on one of the Windows 10 computers.

Whether this helps I don't know: after trying solution 1, each computer flashed an 'error in explorer.exe' msg soon after the Guest account reached the Desktop. Then the flashing began.

Reaction score
Do a system restore. Pick a date BEFORE you enabled Guest account as your restore point.

How to do system restore:

Right click at Start button > click System > click System Protection > click System Restore >
wait for it to load > if you see the option " Choose a different restore point ", click it > if not, click Next > bottom left > click Show more restore points > among the list, select a date BEFORE you enabled Guess account as your restore point > click Next > just follow the prompts to start system restore.

It will take quite a while.
When finishes, it will restart.

Reaction score
Do a system restore. Pick a date BEFORE you enabled Guest account as your restore point.

How to do system restore:

Right click at Start button > click System > click System Protection > click System Restore >
wait for it to load > if you see the option " Choose a different restore point ", click it > if not, click Next > bottom left > click Show more restore points > among the list, select a date BEFORE you enabled Guess account as your restore point > click Next > just follow the prompts to start system restore.

It will take quite a while.
When finishes, it will restart.

Unfortunately, there was no previous restore points. any other way?

Reaction score
Same problem, same results, continued flashing no solutions. Does anyone at Microsoft look at these things or do they just leave us to flounder around.

Ask a Question