Hard lockup freezing issue.

Reaction score
Hi I've been having is sues with my laptop A lenovo ideapad 320. I've had it one month.

I started experiencing hard freezes. Where everything would stop the mouse and keyboard would be frozen can't bring up task manager etc.
Resulting in me having to just hold the power button and restart it. I clean installed Windows 10 twice in 3 days and the problem is still occurring randomly when in use (normal browser activity) and when idle. I couldn't replicate anything exactly that cause it to do this. It's just random. I've installed all available updates and drivers from Lenovo's site as well as through windows update. Run scf scans/dsim. Clean installed twice as mentioned. Besides the drivers and two browsers. Everything left as is and same issue occurs even on a fresh install
I'm also having a issue where on the privacy,location and feedback settings it's stating " Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" I'm using Home and not in a organization. I enabled gpedit to try some fixes and everything is labeled not configured already so I'm not sure what's going on there as i'm using home and this is a personal computer.
The main issue being the freezing I've tired every fix I could find so far. So if anyone could look over the event logs that would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Here is the event logs
https://nofile.io/f/0gA20MzgGvF/Eventlogs2.csv

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I've had it one month.
My first suggestion would be....
IF the machine is only a month old and you purchased it new (or even used) you should probably contact the seller and see what recourse you might have via a warranty

You machine is suffering from a hardware failure....
From your event log....
A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 3
The details view of this entry contains further information.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffff8501964a58f8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\061618-34875-01.dmp
A 124 bugcheck is a hardware error.
IF you want to copy the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump into another folder on your desktop and zip that folder up and attach it to your next post, maybe someone will have the time to have a look and see if there is anything specific that stands out as a possible cause.

Personally, I'd take it back to the seller and get it replaced, repaired or my money back.

Reaction score
I second the advice to take the computer back. Lockups are usually caused by a heat issue. This heat issue may have caused a component to fail. Or maybe the hardware failed and is causing excessive heat. Either way take it back.

Ask a Question