Hi all ya all

Reaction score
Just found this forum and had so much fun scrolling through the posts. By way of introduction I am a retired repair machinist and welder. Worked on farm equipment for 39 years. Computers have been hobby for 30 years or so. Started with an 8086 with less than a Mb of RAM and a 1Mb HDD. Actualy the very first one had no HDD. Loaded programs with a floppy disc. How many of you ever heard of such a thing? Givin to me by a close friend that had a computer store. Since then he would give me hand me down hardware to install and thats how I got into building my own PCs. He passed away from a winter road accident.
My oldest brother had been working with code since 1963. Got employed by software developers after his military stint. He tried to get me into it but when it went from MSDOS to Windows I said the heck with that.
You can look at my system specs if you want to see what I'm running.
So hi all ya all!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
when it went from MSDOS to Windows I said the heck with that
So..... you still rockin DOS. I checked your system specs.... that should run 6.22 without any problem.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

So..... you still rockin DOS. I checked your system specs.... that should run 6.22 without any problem.
So I posted a new thread on off center screen that did not post yet I spose it has to be vetted?