Hi there

Reaction score
Hi!

I haven't created one of these introduction threads on a forum in quite some time. I either forget, or I make enough posts that it feels like I've already been introduced to most of the members on the forums, making it seem redundant to create a thread like this afterwards. :)

I'm a fellow Microsoft MVP looking to expand my lurking time across a few more forums. I mainly specialize in .NET programming, but my development knowledge expands much past just that one framework, including experience with C/C++ and x86 ASM (and a little x64 ASM), as well as a few scripting languages, and the occasional time I spend working with functional languages. Development to me is a passion, and it gives me a way to express myself through code, and a way to effectively solve complex problems that would otherwise be a tedious and mundane task for any average human brain; CPU's are great at calculating things with big numbers and large datasets!

Learning is a big hobby of mine. I find it to be enough entertainment for me alone, which means I don't need to go out and party or anything like that. Being able to sit down at a computer at home or in a coffee shop and work on something or read stuff online is usually enough to keep me occupied for hours.

In addition to programming, I highly enjoy working with hardware, and I'm just starting to explore the possibilities and opportunities that have arisen from the idea of IoT. It's especially fascinating given the fact that I have a decent electronics and automation background. My current career involves me working with hardware and integrating things so that they can communicate and work together seamlessly in the average residential or commercial environment. With that said, I've learned a lot about all kinds of communication protocols and standards dealing with communication, audio, and video. Some of these include things like serial protocols (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485), IR, IP (TCP/UDP), Bluetooth, RF (ZigBee), DMX-512, HDBaseT, and many others.

Looking forward to learning new things and sharing my knowledge with others. :)

Cheers!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ace.
It would be good for the forum if you could allow Ian to post up your MVP status.

Reaction score
Hi there I am in a worse boat as I never knew as much. I started out 30 some years ago when a local IT guy, he was our county troubleshooter kept on retainer, that ran Computer store gave me my first an 8086. Since then I had upgraded with spare parts he had. Sad but he died in a terrible icey road wreck.
I logged in here to get tips on a system I am building to play guitar. Rocksmith is "game" I'm playing. I'm at the point of installing a video card, needed faster graphics. Never had to have one before now.
Noticed your post thought I'd say hi. I might need to aim a puzzle at you before I get done. I have had some interesting issues on this path I'm on, like .........well let me splain(not a mispell I just like Ricci Ricardo) first. I built the system from a tower with a motherboard, i3 540 [email protected], power supply and legacy Windows 7 OS. Got a 1Tb HDD and installed Windows 7. Then downloaded and installed the new system drivers, BIOS, chipset and all that. Got Windows 10 and have been playing with it for about a month now.
So the intresting bits. I've encountered a lot of the same issues I see posted here. Got through all of it OK till I started the game exited it and found Cortana wasn't around anymore. So I've been looking for a way to get two audio inputs to work at same time when it struck me that would interfere with the game to have the microphone on at the same time.
Well hope I haven't bored you too much. I am retired now and need to fill my time somehow.