How do I delete outlook.com email account?

Reaction score
I set it up like 8 years ago any only used for a few test mails. Since I moved to office 365 it shows up in OL365, from OL2010 POP3 account. I have no accounts linked to outlook.com email account. That said how do I delete the outlook.com and not screw up anything else with my Microsoft account?

thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have no accounts linked to outlook.com email account.
In Outlook... IF you click "File" from the menu bar, then click Account Setting -> Account Settings is it listed separately there?

Capture.JPG

IF so, then you should be able to select it and click the "Remove" item in the menu bar.
IF it is set as "Default" you will need to select one of the others first and click the "Set as Default" item in order to "Remove" it.
That said how do I delete the outlook.com and not screw up anything else with my Microsoft account?
That said....
Nothing you do inside of the Outlook (mail program) should impact your Microsoft Account, but....
You may want to read this carefully if you want to do anything further with respect to the "official" account.

Reaction score
I only have one account listed, but did find this "account settings, manage profiles, show profiles"
Not sure what will happen if I remove outlook profile? Maybe best if I leave alone

Reaction score
It's being a real pain, I checked today and have mail in outlook.com shown in OL365 folders that aren't in my xfinity account... so I'm missing mail. If there's no FIX I'll cancel 365 and go back to office 2010.

Wonder what would happen if I add the outlook.com account and then delete it after a few days?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I checked today and have mail in outlook.com shown in OL365 folders that aren't in my xfinity account
Well that's about as clear as mud.
Your outlook account presumably, is (e-mail address removed)
Your xfinity account presumably, is (e-mail address removed)
Why would you expect mail from one to appear in the other?
If there's no FIX I'll cancel 365 and go back to office 2010
Good luck with that, if you subscribed then it's yours' for a year.
About all you can do is go in and cancel auto-renewal.
I checked today and have mail in outlook.com shown in OL365 folders
Isn't that how it's suppose to work?
Aren't they the same account?
Only one is web based (more or less) and the other resides on your computer. They are both pointing to the same resource to retrieve email.

Reaction score
To answer, I got this forum notification in my outlook.com folder and not in my comcast.com inbox. I used edge to login outlook.com and only has 3 emails from 2011. I set that one up and never used it. There should NO reason mail addressed to comcast be going into outlook? Correct. I just the wife a new PC/win-11 dell and installed office and she doesn't have an outlook folder? So what is MS doing tying 2 accounts together??

Attachments

• outlook-1.jpg
    outlook-1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 26

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Go to https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/ and log in.
Click the setting (gear icon) on the outlook tool bar (not the edge tool bar).
Click the View all outlook setting link at the bottom
Select Mail in the left column, then the sync email link in the second column.
Any links, connects, or alias listed there?

Reaction score
Yes, (e-mail address removed) (primary alias)

Should I delete that? I presume I should still be able to login if need arises?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I understand....
Unlinking, disconnecting or otherwise disassociated via alias, will not have any impact on either account.
Not your outlook.com account
NOR
Your comcast.net account

AND... that pretty much sums up what I know about that, as I have never ever associated one account with another.
I have four (4) discrete email accounts exactly because I want them individually discrete and not linked in any fashion.
Although a lot of providers offer this feature, function, facility (whatever), so.... I guess a lot of people like it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK.... sounds positive for a change.
Thanks for the update info and keep us posted on your progress.

Ask a Question