SOLVED Can't delete subfolders of symlinks and junctions in a subst-ed folder

Reaction score
I have the following scenario: I have a C:\Foo folder which I subst-ed for easier access as X:
I have several symlinks and junctions in this Foo folder (both for network locations and local paths).
The problem is that apparently I can't delete any folders within these folders (so eg. X:\JunctionFolder\Subfolder).
I get the "You'll need to provide administrator permissions to delete this folder" popup (If I click Administrator continue, it gives another permission error popup)
When I try to make this operation on the un-substed folder - so C:\Foo\JunctionFolder\Subfolder, it can be deleted without problem.

Why is this happening? Is there any way to make this working?

Ps: please don't suggest to use net use instead of subst: this creates a network mount that severly decreases performance of accessing the folder.

Reaction score
For the record, the solution is that this permission error is created by the Recycle Bin. The system process might not be able to access/resolve the correct recycle bin folder. A folder in this scenario can be easily deleted when hitting shift-delete (thus skipping recycling).

Ask a Question