SOLVED Can't delete Folder

Reaction score
for a little while I have a folder in the root directory of my Insider DEV channel named " MountUUP ". I cannot delete it as it needs permission from ' TrustedInstaller '.
Is this a new feature ?? The folder is quite large with 2.15GB in size. can it be deleted ?

Untitled.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is this a new feature ??
Nope.
At least it isn't present on my Dev machine.

Capture.PNG

Are you using a program to build ISOs?
Something like UUPtoISO?
Looks like something that might have been left over from a failed cleanup of such a program.

Reaction score
Nope.
At least it isn't present on my Dev machine.
Are you using a program to build ISOs?
Something like UUPtoISO?
Looks like something that might have been left over from a failed cleanup of such a program.

you may be onto something. I have tried to create an ISO using UUPtoISO from the previous upgrades. That may be the reason why. However, I have never seen that before until recently....
Since UUPtoISO will not delete it (I did not expect it) I am using a program named Unlocker to get it deleted. I let you know the result....

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK, it's been a while since I last used that program so I can't speak to any current version changes or how it works currently.
I know that the installation creates a folder or two by default where it places some files during the process of the various steps but it's been my experience in the past that it generally does a pretty good job of cleaning up after itself.

As far as deleting it, you may have to take ownership away from TrustedInstaller and claim it for your account in order to delete it.
There is a small program download at the bottom of this article

It makes adding and removing "TakeOwnership" easy to add to the right click menu.

Ask a Question