Can't delete windows old folder.

Reaction score
Hi
I can't delete my huge windows old folder that was created after installing the anniversary edition.
Nothing will budge it.
My account is 'user'
I can find that account to add it to the permisions.
The only location I can add permissions from is 'HOME/user' etc.
It doesn't work.
Or when I try to give guests full permissions to the file, I get an error saying its unable to do it and it's locked.

Even If I'm logged in as admin ( which I don't normally use) I cant delete to file, since i tried to add permissions to 'HOME/user' and now its locked and I can't remove the permission.

It's a damn shambles

Can I just use some brutal software or program to rip this dam file out of my computer?

Thanks

Reaction score
In order to remove the Windows.old folder, the safest way is to load Windows Explorer and right click on the drive that contains that folder. Select 'Disk Cleanup', and after the initial scan is completed, click Clean up System Files.
Another scan will run. After that scan is completed, scroll through the list of files looking for "Previous Windows installation(s). Make sure that is selected. That will get rid of Windows.old.

Reaction score
Thanks very much.
That classic method seemed to do the trick.
I tried some locked folder delete software that was apparently useful on previous versions of windows.
Not on this one.
I guess the windows 10 anniversary security is better.

Ask a Question