Can't delete an ISO

Reaction score
The 32 bit Install ISO I used to put build 1803 on the tablet will not delete.

I opened the ISO in Windows Explorer [which I hate BTW]. I then copied all the containing files to a MicroSD card for installation [which worked perfect]. Now I'm trying to rename the file. I was not allowed to rename the file. I was able to copy the file and name the new file how I wanted. But now I have the old file that will not allow me permissions to delete. The thought crossed my mind that when I mounted the ISO, something was still in memory. I checked my drive letter associations and the ISO had mounted and showing as my DVD drive. I ejected the drive and rebooted. I have even tried to Take Ownership of the file.

Now the system is glitched and will not even open the ISO in Explorer again. Says the disk is not initialized and refuses to open the ISO. Yet it will not let me delete the file either.

Reaction score
Booting in to safe mode should work if you ever get stuck not being able to delete a file.

Ask a Question