SOLVED http://wp.ournewstoday.com/

Reaction score
I am using the Firefox browser with Windos 10.
Sometimes when I close the browser there is a white page left on my screen which is titled, "http://wp.ournewstoday.com/".
I don't know how it got there and I don't know how to get rid of it.
If anyone knows, please let me in on it because it is bugging the living heck out of me.
Thanks

Reaction score
I had a redirect problem some time ago, I believe it was doubleclick.com. Malwarebytes assisted me in the removal by running their Junk Removal Tool (JRT) Which I believe is now Adwcleaner.
Scan your PC with Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Adwcleaner for a redirect virus.
Remove Browser Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox This is a good tutorial on removing redirect virus Windows 8-10
http://www.removevirusfix.com/how-to-remove-browser-redirect-virus-in-mozilla-firefox

Note: Important and good advice when deleting anything suspicious.
Remove Browser Redirect Virus from Adware and Spyware
Before the removal, please note that you must proceed at your own risk. Any incorrect actions might lead to loss of important data or damage your system. Please always back up your personal files before the removal.
Good luck

Bif

Reaction score
Definitely the doubleclick.com thingamajig...ran into it a couple of months ago and made it gone with MalwareBytes.
Not a clue how I got as I'm anal about haphazard clicking but.....

Reaction score
I ran MalwareBytes and nothing showed up.
I have switched over to the Chrome browser today and will see if the unwanted blank white page appears in Chrome. I am not blaming this problem on Firefox but I don't know where the thing is coming from. It seems to want to display news or something. Just bothersome as poison ivy underpants.

Reaction score
I ran MalwareBytes and nothing showed up.
I have switched over to the Chrome browser today and will see if the unwanted blank white page appears in Chrome. I am not blaming this problem on Firefox but I don't know where the thing is coming from. It seems to want to display news or something. Just bothersome as poison ivy underpants.
Okay, I see the same thing with Chrome browser so now I am pretty sure it is one of the web sites I visit.I have a lot of checking to do. :)

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long. I nailed it on the first site. Seems they somehow stick that "ournewstoday" thing in as a separate page. So I have removed that site from my list.
Thanks everybody for reading and suggesting solutions.
Mark this as solved.

Ask a Question