SOLVED HTTP Error 43. How to fix?

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 and just recently did updates when a panel came up to ask to do them. I had to update my AVG Security as all the components had stopped working, but I needed to anyway as I had 2015 version. I don't know if this was due to W10, maybe components not compatable with being older one. I had it updated to 2017. Was OK but now I find I can't go to some web sites, such as ones for buying concert tickets ie: Ticketmaster and Day On The Green, though that one was OK at first.

It says that I don't have permission to go there from this place. (forget what the word was) When I was trying to do the Trouble Shoot it said it was DNS error 43 and that it means that Internet Explorer that I'm using can go to the web site but can't view it. You are supposed to get this error fixed or it makes your computer run slow. When I'm trying to go to these web sites, the info running across the top of page when it's trying to go there says, 'blank page' then turns into some more letters and figures then gives me a white page with the black text in the top left corner saying I don't have permission to go there.

How can this be fixed, and is it to do with Windows 10, maybe updates? I saw an ad on one of my Home pages giving a link for Error 43 to fix it, saying it only took 2mns, but I haven't clicked on it. How do I get to go to these web sites, as I need to go to the Day On The Green one for tickets? Good job I'd finished with tickets for Ticketmaster as I can't go there now! Can anyone help with this problem. I think AVG only use their Tech people for problems in their products? Which Tech people can I see about this?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jackie,

Given your troubleshooting points to a DNS error, the first thing I'd try is to clear the DNS cache, then go to one of the sites you currently cannot view, to see whether this resolves the issue.

To do this, do the following:
  • First close all instances of Internet Explorer or any other browsers you may have installed.
  • Press Windows key + S to give focus to your search box
  • In the Search box type command
  • In the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  • Click Yes to the User Account Control prompt
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt console type the following command:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter key to execute

Next, type the following command:

Code:
start iexplore.exe

Press Enter key

This will open a new instance of Internet Explorer. Try visiting one of the websites you previous had the error with, to see whether or not it is resolved now.

If you want to close the Administrator: Command Prompt you can either click the X, or just type exit in the console and press Enter key now.

Report back on how you go.​

Reaction score
Thank you to both of you. I'll try that for the DSN error, but maybe tomorrow now, as it's 4pm here, incase it upsets anything, which I hope it doesn't. I should think I'm running the latest version of W10 as the panel came up to ask for me to do them and it spent quite some time putting the updates on, so that must be the latest version now I take it?

I've had enough of the AVG Security going wrong, but it was OK 'til the Windows updates, but don't know if it was this that caused it. Might have been new updates weren't compatible with the old 2015 version of AVG. I bought another bit of software on there soon after when a panel came up to ask me, the AVG VPN and had trouble activating it, but it seems that other people had the same trouble going by their community support site. I had it fixed in 20mns by remote from them when two online chats with the support people didn't do anything by logging out and logging in again. Was supposed to activate it when you logged in to the interface, infact, it was supposed to activate itself automatically it said when you'd bought it, but it didn't. I had the Security put on by remote too, as they are legit, and very good helpers. So, I don't want anything else to go wrong with AVG as it is all paid things.

Strange, how it let me go to the Day On The Green at first. I had an email about one of our other venues in Perth, Perth Arena about what concerts were coming there and I could go there OK. There was a link there for Ticketek and it let me go there, but not Ticketmaster. I have accounts for both Ticketek and Ticketmaster, and I have membership for Day On The Green. One piece of info said that these web sites might want you to be logged in first, but how can you do that when you have to go to the web site first? !!

Reaction score
Hi Jackie,

Given your troubleshooting points to a DNS error, the first thing I'd try is to clear the DNS cache, then go to one of the sites you currently cannot view, to see whether this resolves the issue.

To do this, do the following:
  • First close all instances of Internet Explorer or any other browsers you may have installed.
  • Press Windows key + S to give focus to your search box
  • In the Search box type command
  • In the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  • Click Yes to the User Account Control prompt
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt console type the following command:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Press Enter key to execute

Next, type the following command:

Code:
start iexplore.exe

Press Enter key

This will open a new instance of Internet Explorer. Try visiting one of the websites you previous had the error with, to see whether or not it is resolved now.

If you want to close the Administrator: Command Prompt you can either click the X, or just type exit in the console and press Enter key now.

Report back on how you go.​
I clicked again on the Day On The Green and it actually said 403. Is this the same as what I said, 43?

Reaction score
It said it's a FORBIDDEN and up top it says 403 forbidden. It says Forbidden on this server, that's the word I was trying to think of.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
An HTTP 403 is quite different to the DNS problem you mentioned initially, and that means that it's not a problem with your PC - it means the webserver is declining to show that page for some reason. Usually, it's a temporary problem with the remote server - i.e. they've provided a bad link, have an error in their code, or some other transient problem. Occasionally this error will show if you've been blocked from a site, but I think that is unlikely in this instance.

Reaction score
I should think I'm running the latest version of W10 as the panel came up to ask for me to do them and it spent quite some time putting the updates on, so that must be the latest version now I take it?
It won't hurt to double check, just because it is running updates doesn't automatically mean it is upgrading!. ;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ian said it all Jackie.

The only possibility I could think of that may trigger this would be some kind of stale session cookie from a previous sign-in to a website [ meaning the cookie has expired ], in which case clearing your browser cache would probably resolve that.

There is also the Credential Manager in Windows 10, so if you set up credentials with a specific password, and the website policy is that passwords need changing once in a while, maybe your credential is out of date,

Reaction score
It won't hurt to double check, just because it is running updates doesn't automatically mean it is upgrading!. ;)
This was a proper longer update that it did though, when your screen goes black and it tells you not to turn off your computer, and it took quite awhile but within an hour I think.

I've just gone into Windows Trouble Shoot again and put to check for any trouble in Windows, and it found three. I clicked to do them as an administrator and it fixed the three. It said there was a data base error which it fixed and a Windows update one which it's fixed. Just forget what the other one was now, but that's been fixed. Looks like it means it's done the updates that needed doing. Don't know how often updates come out. I always had selected for automatic updates to be done when I had WXP and I think it's been done in W10. It usually comes on to do it when you close your comp down. It hasn't fixed this web site thing yet.

Reaction score
Ian said it all Jackie.

The only possibility I could think of that may trigger this would be some kind of stale session cookie from a previous sign-in to a website [ meaning the cookie has expired ], in which case clearing your browser cache would probably resolve that.

There is also the Credential Manager in Windows 10, so if you set up credentials with a specific password, and the website policy is that passwords need changing once in a while, maybe your credential is out of date,

Do you mean clearing cookies? It's years since I've done that. I know I can put it into Google to find out how to do it. I think it clears your History and any auto passwords, but I don't have any autos, I always put them in when I go to a site, so shouldn't be a problem. I used the Ticket Master site for buying tickets recently and Day On The Green is Ticket Master also, but it let me to there initially from the email I received. I thought they'd tell you if anything had run our or password needed changing.

Reaction score
An HTTP 403 is quite different to the DNS problem you mentioned initially, and that means that it's not a problem with your PC - it means the webserver is declining to show that page for some reason. Usually, it's a temporary problem with the remote server - i.e. they've provided a bad link, have an error in their code, or some other transient problem. Occasionally this error will show if you've been blocked from a site, but I think that is unlikely in this instance.

My Trouble Shoot when I first looked into it told me about a DSN error, but I'm not sure if that was for something else I was doing at the time. I've copied and pasted what it says when I try to go to the Ticket Master site down below.

The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
  • This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

bullet.png
More information <ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID>

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

How do they expect you to log into the web site when it won't let you go there?!!! I have an account with this site, for ages but haven't used it in awhile. It doesn't seem to be stopping me from going to other sites. I can go to Ticketek and the Perth Arena web site.

Reaction score
My Trouble Shoot when I first looked into it told me about a DSN error, but I'm not sure if that was for something else I was doing at the time. I've copied and pasted what it says when I try to go to the Ticket Master site down below.

The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
  • This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

bullet.png
More information <ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID>

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

How do they expect you to log into the web site when it won't let you go there?!!! I have an account with this site, for ages but haven't used it in awhile. It doesn't seem to be stopping me from going to other sites. I can go to Ticketek and the Perth Arena web site. Does it mean go to Help in Windows?

Sometimes it showed me the white page saying I was forbidden to go there. This is what it's showing now, which it has shown before.

Reaction score
I don't know why it's repeated those posts. When I click Delete under it I don't know if it means to just delete that post which is what I want or to delete the whole thread, so daren't do it?

Regedit32

Reaction score
No it does not mean Windows Help.

The URL you are using to access Ticket. What is it precisely?

Most websites do not allow directory browsing, and require the full path to, and name and extension of the page you are wanting to view.

Also, its possible the web address has changed, and you may be using a bookmark with the incorrect url in it as a result.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The delete option is for the current post just above the option. It will not delete both posts.

Reaction score
No it does not mean Windows Help.

The URL you are using to access Ticket. What is it precisely?

Most websites do not allow directory browsing, and require the full path to, and name and extension of the page you are wanting to view.

Also, its possible the web address has changed, and you may be using a bookmark with the incorrect url in it as a result.

The web address would be www.ticketmaster.com.au Not sure if it has the 'au' on the end as don't know if it's just for Australia or not. I booked tickets at this site for Paul McCartney without any trouble. I logged in with my email and password. I went there from the email that was sent to advertise the concert. When I got this error I tried putting it into the Address bar to see if it made any difference but it didn't.

You can browse a web site if it's for concert tickets as it has other concerts advertised and you can look at the price of the tickets and the seat plan etc. You just have to log in if you have an account to buy tickets, but you can buy tickets without registering, it just means you have to put in all your details when buying your tickets which wastes time as they have a clock running for a set amount of time. If it 'times out' you have to start again and they give you a fresh lot of tickets. I don't have it bookmarked.

Ask a Question