SOLVED I dont know when I'll get 20H2 update

Reaction score
right now iam trying to get it but for an hour its stuck on 72% downloading. maybe not enough space? i remember last year i was able to install and it (pc) aborted it. 3 times the charm? second attempt now. ill try wait it out.. too bad though, support for my version will end in may. version 1909

Reaction score
T'was it mine I'd use MCT/Media Creation Tool and download the .iso file used to create a bootable DVD+R or DVD-R or create the Bootable USB Thumb drive then use that for an Upgrade. In File Explorer double-click the setup.exe file in either choice to start the Upgrade which should give a choice of saving data BUT be sure to have a backup copy 'just in case'. The USB choice will wipe the Thumb drive and format during its creation.

It may be helpful to know more about the computer, a 32GB drive is proving not to have sufficient space, does better with 128GB or larger. I have an 11" and a 15" Notebook that have that problem.

Reaction score
It will take a while as you’re moving from 1909 so has a lot to update.
How big is the hard drive?
If it fails again post the error message.

Reaction score
here is the specs info

SYS SPEK.PNG

Reaction score
Ensure all external hard drives are removed & that the audio & graphics card drivers are up to date, then run the update again.
The processor may not be fast enough/compatible for 20H2.

Reaction score
There are problems with this update hanging, I attempted to download and install it 3 times from Settings>Updates and all attempts failed so what I ended up doing was to download it directly from the Microsoft website which completed successfully after about 3 hours, basically what the 20H2 update is, is a complete reinstall of Windows 10. If you’re having issues with it hanging, download and install from Windows downloads on the website, it may be the only way to do it at present. If you are not sure of what space you have on your PC, don’t panic, the download process will automatically calculate that, it’s the first thing it does, if there are any other issues detected you will get pop up message boxes telling you.

Reaction score
I wondered if that Pentium which dates from 2015 had a suitable instruction set for 20H2. It is very old and slow.

Reaction score
Ok, iam now installing the update! Let us hope no major issues afterwards. Ill report back later

@Farmerfred while installing thats what the pc did, giving me prompts before the actual install

Reaction score
UPDATE

Finally after 5 hours i got 20H2. The only 3 things is start menu and taskbar is in white color and HDD lost 6GB but no major issues..

Reaction score
you can get some of the "lost" 6GB back when you do the [Disk cleanup]. Especially check the system files. It will cleanup also the Update files, however you will not be able to go back to the old system again when you do that (you might not want to anyway).

Reaction score
if you mean (windows old) its so huge ill need to do the cleanup early in the day..as it is late night now. thx for hint

how do i restore the taskbar and start menu default color..the white look is boring

Reaction score
if you mean (windows old) its so huge ill need to do the cleanup early in the day..as it is late night now. thx for hint

how do i restore the taskbar and start menu default color..the white look is boring
To change the taskbar and start menu try this.
go into settings, personalization, colours, click on the colour you want, one of the blue squares or whatever, then click or check the box beside ‘start, taskbar and action centre’ click okay and that should do it.

Reaction score
20H2 brings the transparent start menu. There’s also new (for you as these came with 2009(?)) colour settings, you can have all light (white), all dark (black) or the standard light background with dark taskbar which is what users had before.
Change these under personalisation settings.

Ask a Question