I just discovered this.

Reaction score
I thought I posted about this problem here but I don't see it now, but I was having problems running the Powershell as Admin.
No matter what I did it wouldn't do it even though I am the Administrator.
I went through a dozen articles on how to do it, some had like 20 steps.

Some said reinstall Windows!

Then I found this...

Open Task Manager.
Click on File
Select New Task.
Type in Powershell
Click the box under the entry window that says Create this task with Administrator Privileges

Just like that, it opened and I ran SFC /scannow

I can't believe it took that long to figure this out.
So if you ever have this problem, and it appears that many people do that's the answer.

Mike

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If you right click on the start menu.....you should see 2 options for power shell....1. power shell. 2. power shell as admin. Then click power shell as admin.

Reaction score
Hi

That's the problem, I have those options but they don't work, it's been that way for months since one of the updates.
I've tried doing it from the C:\ Prompt as will.

I tried any number of ways to get it to open and it just ignored me nothing happened.

All of my info under users looks normal, it says I'm the administrator I can't find any reason it ignores my commands but it won't open the Powershell as admin, it opens normally with no problem.

I didn't really want to restore my Windows Image just for this, everything else works fine but I was thinking about it.

Then I found this hint and it worked, I ran SFC /scannow and it found errors and fixed them.

But it still won't function from the button on the Start Menu.

At least I know now how to get into administrator mode if I need to.

Here's a sample of what I found when I looked for an answer...

Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question