SOLVED ID and Password

Doc

Reaction score
I have several ID &password saved in windows 10. However, one of the IDs was saved misspelled. Where in Windows 10 are they saved so I can edit that single one.
Thanks for any info.
Doc

Reaction score
Are you the Administrator? If not ask the Administrator to change your password.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
one of the IDs was saved misspelled
Not sure exactly what you mean by "IDs".....
would that be an account name, which we commonly refer to as a user name?
IS it a local account or a Microsoft account"
I did that once, carelessly setting up a brand new laptop for my daughter-in-law. Misspelled her name when local account was created and then to further complicate the issue I linked it to a Microsoft account.
What a pain.
IF I remember correctly, I think I ended up creating a separate admin user account logged in with that account, removed the initial account and started that one from scratch without the misspelling and then deleted the new local admin account that I created to do this.
Generally speaking all "credentials" are kept by the Credential Manager applet in the Control Panel, (web and windows credentials).
Not sure if that information will help you at all though, as I'm not sure I understand completely..... your problem.

Doc

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean by "IDs".....
would that be an account name, which we commonly refer to as a user name?
IS it a local account or a Microsoft account"
I did that once, carelessly setting up a brand new laptop for my daughter-in-law. Misspelled her name when local account was created and then to further complicate the issue I linked it to a Microsoft account.
What a pain.
IF I remember correctly, I think I ended up creating a separate admin user account logged in with that account, removed the initial account and started that one from scratch without the misspelling and then deleted the new local admin account that I created to do this.
Generally speaking all "credentials" are kept by the Credential Manager applet in the Control Panel, (web and windows credentials).
Not sure if that information will help you at all though, as I'm not sure I understand completely..... your problem.
ID is a short for Identification. Same as User name.
My computer is a stand alone home computer and I am the administrator.
I was able to find were the names and pass words are located in the control panel.
However there is no way to edit the misspelled word. The only choice offered is to Delete, which I did..
I logged to that business entered the ID (sorry) and the password. No problem, but Windows 10 did not asked to same the two. Maybe some day Windows 10 will surprise and ask if I want it saved.
Doc

Doc

Reaction score
ID is a short for Identification. Same as User name.
My computer is a stand alone home computer and I am the administrator.
I was able to find were the names and pass words are located in the control panel.
However there is no way to edit the misspelled word. The only choice offered is to Delete, which I did..
I logged to that business entered the ID (sorry) and the password. No problem, but Windows 10 did not asked to same the two. Maybe some day Windows 10 will surprise and ask if I want it saved.
Doc
I mean asked to SAVE it.
Doc

Ask a Question