IncrediMail crashing with Windows 10

Reaction score
I used to use incredimail but uninstalled it when they ignored posts on their forum.
I had also only just paid for it but wrote it off as a bad job.
Now use Windows 10 Mail App and find that it is faster with no hang ups and all my mail apps I had through incredimail work even better.
I had incredimail for well over 10 years but in the end time to move on.
Unfortunately, I fear this could be the end result for many of us. I've used for about 16 yrs and love love love it. Nothing is enhanced like Incredimail, so its certainly been one of a kind for me. They knew this program was coming out, so why wouldnt they have a team working on it to get a fix much faster? I'm just wondering if they are about to go bye bye for good?

Reaction score
Well....here we go again. was up and running after a major Windows update; however, now back to go.

Reaction score
PLEASE--if your Incredimail email has crashed...read the following three emails...It is the fix: [forgive my copy and paste from BigBen63 and John Baxter]

Hi everybody. The crash comes from the notifier (the popup that opens when you see an email). Just go to the folder where incredimail is installed (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin ) and delete PhotoMailToolbars.swf . After that open incredimail and before it receives any email , click on notifier icon in toolbar and selectNo Notifier.That's a spare tire untill Incredimail guys solve the problem. Hope this helps you. [BigBen63]

Hi BigBen63, that is a certain fix for now and thanks for the information. The path on my PC is same as yours. Have found the file you mentioned plus the next to it namely 'PhotoMailSection.swf' and renamed them both .old. Did not delete as they might be needed later on when a fix from Incredimail arrives and then maybe name them back with the suffix. .swf. These files are now held as .OLD files in the listing and no longer called to service the Incredimail v2.5. Top LH of screen still has the blacked out square but who cares! Your Fix is very much appreciated. Thank you. [John Baxter]

Hi BigBen63. My files did not have the suffix .swf --so I added .OLD to the two files PhotoMailToolbars and PhotoMailSection. Then, I opened my Incredimail just as you said...immediately, too! (Yay)...and I clicked off the notifier for now. You are correct...all that is missing is the clock in the upper right corner. For those of you like me who are less computer savvy, this means you open your "This PC" drive in the little file where documents, etc. are located---open the C drive...find the file labeled Program FIles (x86) and follow what BigBen63 said to do! It worked! YAY!!!! Thank you both! [JulieJConn]

Also...you can always open your email in your "real email server"--in my case, that is ATT.net--and get access to your incoming emails.

Reaction score
yes, uninstalling the KB3132372 upload fixes the issue; I found that fix on the internet thanks to a helpful computer wizard who was so kind to share his knowledge. You will have to prevent that windows patch from being pushed to your computer again to keep Incredimail working. No matter how you look at it, Incredimail remains a fun email package with a user interface that appeals to all ages.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I fear this could be the end result for many of us. I've used for about 16 yrs and love love love it. Nothing is enhanced like Incredimail, so its certainly been one of a kind for me. They knew this program was coming out, so why wouldnt they have a team working on it to get a fix much faster? I'm just wondering if they are about

If you have Google chrome use it instead of edge if you can
If not use edge
In Edge go to settings recovery open it look for Latest updates
Recent ones and look for the first new updates the first one ends in 72 you can uninstall it ..this is what is causing the crash incred knows it adobe is the problem

The problem is adobe flash

Go down load a little program
Win update disabler
check the top one after you download it

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdo...4b3de25e82ed9ff7a90c/56872d2f/3d47b/0/1?tsf=0

Then incred ..comes back on ..

As soon as there is a fix uncheck this will not download and new
Updates which is not a good thing but it works I am writing from
Incred mail ..I hate 10 8 ect..
Good luck just a suggestion taji
to go bye bye for good?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!

I think I may have found a solution to Incredimail not working after the latest update: First, go to the Windows update settings and select "Advanced". Then, on the pull down menu where it says "Automatic (recommended)" , use the pull down to select " Notify to schedule restart". This way, you won't get the new updates, but Incredimail will work after this NEXT step: Now, go to the start menu and click on "Back up & Restore" select that, then select Restore to an earlier date. Select a restore point from 12/29/15 or earlier. This may take a while to complete, but after that, open up Incredimail and it should work perfectly. Keep in mind that it's a trade off because you'll be missing out on the latest Windows10 updates which may be important. I'm hoping Incredimail will fix the problem so we all don't have to worry anymore and can go on enjoying Windows10 and Incredimail, which, by the way, I think is the very best, user friendly email client out there. (I've tried several and all others were disappointing). Best of luck. Bulldog111

Reaction score
If there is a security update , it is because there is a security concern! if you remove security updates , you are at risk for virus , hackers ... It is like keeping your front door open because the carpet gets stuck in it. Just rename photoMailToolbars.swf in photoMailToolbars.old and choose the options No Notifier in incredimail and wait for update from incredimail... Works fine and you are fully protected!
BigBen, your solution sounds good, but how do I find "photoMailToolbars.swf? I looked all over my computer but had no success. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
I'd like to try this fix. How do I go about removing that update??
To remove the update, click on control panel. Then click on Programs. Then click on View Installed Updates. Click on the box next to Update for microsoft Office 2010 (KB2825635). Click on Uninstall.
I went through this process, but decided not to uninstall the update and wait for Incredimail to fix the problem. I'm just going to mail.google.com and checking my email.

Reaction score
Had the same issue (and so have many others) - it's probably related to KB3132372 (a Microsoft Windows 10 Adobe Player Patch) released on December 29th - remove the update and Incredimail will wor.k fine again (until Microsoft automatically re-installs the patch - major pain in the ***)
When technology works, it can be very helpful. When it fails, it can become a major SNAFU. Thanks PeteW for the information. Removing KB3132372 did the trick.

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!
Application Crash on Launch
89609651cd03e0b8ddb5152766bd3740

Victor
posted this on December 16, 2015, 19:40

• inShare17
It seems like the latest Windows update interferes with some of the IncrediMail components and causes it to crash when launching the application.

Until we find a proper solution, please implement the following workaround according to your Windows version.

Windows 10:

1. Go to: Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/Programs and Features
2. Select 'View Installed updates' on the left menu
3. Select update KB3132372 that is listed under Microsoft Windows, and click 'Uninstall a program'.
4. Once it's done, please restart your computer.

Please Note: Microsoft updater may install the above update again unless you manually stop it. So you may disable the updater for a while or uninstall the specific update each time until we will release a fix.

Windows 7 & 8:

1. Open IncrediMail and wait for the Windows crash dialog.

2. Click on “Close Program” to close the application.

3. Click on the IncrediMail tray icon near the Windows clock to open IncrediMail.

You may need to perform the above procedure a few times before the IncrediMail application eventually opens.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The IncrediMail Team

Reaction score
Hi all I removed the KB 313232 update & my incredimail was working perfectly until this morning. I have searched & KB 313232 is not on my computer is there any other reason my incredimail might not work?

Reaction score
This morning Microsoft releast a bugfix for flashplayer who will take care of problem KB3132372 did. The update (bugfix) KB3133431 did not work at all Incredimail crashed again. So back to uninstall Kb3133431 and hide it!
Now Incredimail works again. Hey Microsoft Nice Job ! Why dont you test the update before release?

Ask a Question