IncrediMail crashing with Windows 10

Reaction score
I agree Ronald! I've used it since 1999, and have always loved it. I paid for the lifetime of incredimail, then as you mentioned, they deleted it. I wholeheartedly agree with Kay, as it is my favorite program and I'm just sick about it too. What update did you delete...the windows or incredimail update?
the update was for a flash update with KB2132372 at the end. If you read the page from the following link it will help you on how to do it, make sure you scroll completely through the list of updates, I found it near the bottom even though it was one of the latest. My Incredimail as worked perfectly since I deleted the specified update. Must point out I still use Incred 2.0 didn't like 2.5 which I found had some of the backup options missing. another part of Incredimail they took away then expected you to pay extra for after updating.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930?utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
Reaction score
This worked for me! :) But I lost all my old emails.
I don't know what version of incredimail you are using, I stick with 2.0 which has the import and export data option I do it every so often to a different drive so on the odd occasion you have reinstall you just import the file you exported previous and this reinstall all your settings and emails you had at the time of creating the backup I still lost emails with the latest crashing after trying to delete and reinstall but it was only a couple I had saved to a folder after I had done my last export of files and data.

Reaction score
Hi everybody. The crash comes from the notifier (the popup that opens when you see an email). Just go to the folder where incredimail is installed (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin ) and delete PhotoMailToolbars.swf . After that open incredimail and before it receives any email , click on notifier icon in toolbar and select No Notifier.That's a spare tire untill Incredimail guys solve the problem. Hope this helps you. Just got a reply from John Baxter about this and agree it might be safer to rename it with .old extension.

Reaction score
Had the same problem, at first I thought it helped to turn ofF the notifier. As soon as I turned off my computer it automatically downloaded the latest updates again - from Windows 10 and the crashing was back. So I decided to remove the flash program for while. I did that yesterday and since then I haven't discovered any issues with the mail program or the notifier. So try that before you reinstall
I really wish you would be able to copy/paste in the 2,5 version.

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!

I found this on Incredimail Facebook page...

All you have to do is delete the MS update KB3132372 for Windows:
1. Go to: Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/Programs and Features
2. Select: “View Installed updates” from the left hand menu
3. Scroll to the bottom to locate files listed under Microsoft Windows
4. Select to Highlight the KB3132372 update 12/29/2015, then select “Uninstall a program” from the left hand side menu.
5. Once this completes, restart your PC and Incredimail should launch without crashing.
Please Note: Until a permanent fix is published, I suspect Microsoft updater will continue to reinstall KB3132372, but at least we have a work around solution to get Incredimail working again.

Reaction score
If there is a security update , it is because there is a security concern! if you remove security updates , you are at risk for virus , hackers ... It is like keeping your front door open because the carpet gets stuck in it. Just rename photoMailToolbars.swf in photoMailToolbars.old and choose the options No Notifier in incredimail and wait for update from incredimail... Works fine and you are fully protected!

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!
Kay, i corrected this problem by uninstalling the Microsoft upgrade KB3132372.

Reaction score
Hi everybody. The crash comes from the notifier (the popup that opens when you see an email). Just go to the folder where incredimail is installed (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin ) and delete PhotoMailToolbars.swf . After that open incredimail and before it receives any email , click on notifier icon in toolbar and select No Notifier.That's a spare tire untill Incredimail guys solve the problem. Hope this helps you. Just got a reply from John Baxter about this and agree it might be safer to rename it with .old extension.

Hi BigBen63. My files did not have the suffix .swf --so I added .OLD to the two files PhotoMailToolbars and PhotoMailSection. Then, I opened my Incredimail just as you said...immediately, too! (Yay)...and I clicked off the notifier for now. You are correct...all that is missing is the clock in the upper right corner. For those of you like me who are less computer savvy, this means you open your "This PC" drive in the little file where documents, etc. are located---open the C drive...find the file labeled Program FIles (x86) and follow what BigBen63 said to do! It worked! YAY!!!! Thank you both!

Reaction score
Is there a way to recover lost emails after the crash ??

If you follow the instructions from BigBen63, the emails are not gone. Incredimail itself has not crashed...just its ability to open. You can successfully open Incredimail by changing the settings in the Incredimail "bin" on your C drive as described in the previous posts.

Reaction score
In order to eliminate the re-installation of the KB (an option that is not out-of-the-box in Win 10):
1. Uninstall manually
2. Reatart (because it asks for)
3. download and run this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab
4. Hide the KB3132372

It will not be installed till you choose to...

Don't need to do this...just go to Post #30 and do the temporary fix the BigBen63 describes. It works. Immediately.

Reaction score
Tell me about it; 2 bloody days I have spent trying fixes - finished up advising all contacts of my gmail address, and reluctantly a new Outlook address. Hope Microsoft get their act together smartly and correct anomalies.

Reaction score
Hi BigBen63. My files did not have the suffix .swf --so I added .OLD to the two files PhotoMailToolbars and PhotoMailSection. Then, I opened my Incredimail just as you said...immediately, too! (Yay)...and I clicked off the notifier for now. You are correct...all that is missing is the clock in the upper right corner. For those of you like me who are less computer savvy, this means you open your "This PC" drive in the little file where documents, etc. are located---open the C drive...find the file labeled Program FIles (x86) and follow what BigBen63 said to do! It worked! YAY!!!! Thank you both!
First option for me originally was to uninstall/reistall Incredimail. No luck; can't reinstall now! - a window advises me that "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" I'll go back to my gmail thanks.

Reaction score

Its the windows update KB3132372, go to settings / update and security/ windows update / advanced options / view your update history/ uninstall updates...choose KB3132372 and delete it. My mail fired right back up...
Im not sure how to stop it from reinstalling and having to remove it agai and again, but it works

Reaction score
I am finding it hard to believe that an update from Windows 10 crashed both my pc's running the email client incredimail I have been using it for almost 15 years and love this program. Looks like there will not be a resolution as it has been out for quite sometime.

We run 2 seperate businesses from our home office. Is it not irresponsible of Windows not to resolve the issue immediately ?Or is there some underlying issue that window wishes for all users of this program to use mailbird a ms product by not supporting incredimail any longer?

We are unable to retrieve all our clients emails and email addresses. We rely on emails as quotations put forward to prospective clients to gain business cannot be retrieved and followed up. For small businesses this is imperative is there no care of duty practised? What if we loose out on a huge tender ? How very sad

Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Did you use incredimail as your main e-mail address if you did I don't think you can transfer any e-mails
If you used it only to bring it from say windows live mail or msn, or outlook then the original should be still in those folders unless you cleared them as well.
That is another reason I too deleted incredimail, and thought better to cut my loses then than keep on paying out money for other bits, you used to get all in one package, then started splitting it up and asking for more money if you wanted to carry on using it.
Windows 10 mail once you get used to it is great.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
The latest flash security update is the culprit, uninstall KB3132372 and problem solved. Blame Microsoft for missed emails and frustration.

No blame incredimail for not keeping it updated as that update works on every other mail app bar incredimail.

Ask a Question