IncrediMail crashing with Windows 10

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!

Finally! Today, 1/7/2016, I received an email from Incredimail with a file to fix the problem. IT WORKED! I am so happy because I was going nuts trying to survive without the program. Nothing else works as well as Incredimail..
I hope it continues to work smoothly. Look for the link from Incredimail. : just download it, then reinstall Incredimail. There's nothing else to do.

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!

It seems that the fix of deleting KB3132372 did work for awhile it seems that the new update KB3087040 on 01/09/2016 is doing the same thing to Incredimail, What did Incredimail do to Microsoft to get itself in this Predicament ???

Reaction score
after another update from Microsoft, my Incredimail is now working fine again.
Incredimail needs to get away from using flash player or this will happen more n more

Reaction score
I have been following this discussion and have now signed up so I can post. As my problem relates to this issue I shall post here. If there are no replies I will open as a new discussion.

I too had the same problem with the flash update and thanks to this forum I was able to remove it and Incredimail worked again. However when this problem first started Incredimail suggested I do a reinstall. I did a manual backup first as Incredimail no longer has a facility to export messages and address book. I followed all the instructions and when I had Incredimail up and running again it was minus the latest month of emails. being Christmas it was a quiet time for emails so it was frustrating but I was able to work around it. Incredimail still failed to open occasionally or stopped responding but I would try a few times and it was okay.

I used to use Incredimail for my business so I have thousands of emails in many folders. I decided it was a good time to do a tidy up so I spent a few days going through all my emails and deleted many of them, just keeping what is relevant to me now. That is still a lot of emails and many of them very important.

So 2 days ago I get a message from Incredimail that there was a fix. great. So I did a manual update of the Identities folder and updated. And there I am with Incredimail with many of the deleted emails back and all the January emails missing. So I Imported the backed up Identities folder. January emails still missing (many of them are desperately needed). And to add to the sheer frustration it has imported yet again all the deleted files. So now I have multiples of everything. Like 20 INBOX and many copies of every single folder. So now it is one huge crazy mess that needs editing and I don't know where to begin. I will have 20 folders relating to the same business or person. They are all over the place so it is risky to delete one folder in case I delete the one that I need to keep. because they are all over the place I can't even compare them. And because Incredimail is so clogged it takes ages to open and then sometimes doesn't respond. And ditto when I start trying to delete some of the unwanted folders. I am talking tens of thousands of emails when you take into account all the duplicates.

the crazy thing about the missing January emails. I have opened some of the folders on the Identities backup. If I click on the attachments lists I can see images that I emailed in January. So the January emails are there. They are just not importing. Any suggestions why or how I can get to them?

The following was posted a couple of weeks ago

I think I may have found a solution to Incredimail not working after the latest update: First, go to the Windows update settings and select "Advanced". Then, on the pull down menu where it says "Automatic (recommended)" , use the pull down to select " Notify to schedule restart". This way, you won't get the new updates, but Incredimail will work after this NEXT step: Now, go to the start menu and click on "Back up & Restore" select that, then select Restore to an earlier date. Select a restore point from 12/29/15 or earlier. This may take a while to complete, but after that, open up Incredimail and it should work perfectly. Keep in mind that it's a trade off because you'll be missing out on the latest Windows10 updates which may be important. I'm hoping Incredimail will fix the problem so we all don't have to worry anymore and can go on enjoying Windows10 and Incredimail, which, by the way, I think is the very best, user friendly email client out there. (I've tried several and all others were disappointing). Best of luck. Bulldog111

If I did this and dated my computer to 2 days ago before I did the update could this possibly revert Incredimail back to how it was with my January email back in place. How risky is it? I have done very little other work on the computer since then and would just need to redo my iTunes update. And any important emails received since then I am forwarding to my Gmail account which isn't with Incredimail - thank goodness.

And the final question is. Can anyone suggest a suitable email replacement as I am done with Incredimail? It used to be brilliant but now it is a time bomb. It doesn't have to free. I just need to be able to convert and import my Incredimail data and still have access to folders and being able to organize my emails. It doesn't have to have all the fancy stuff that Incredimail does. I just want reliable email and access to all the emails I currently have.

Sorry about the long post but I hope there is some help coming from this forum.

Thanks Carol

Reaction score
Application Crash on Launch
89609651cd03e0b8ddb5152766bd3740

Victor
posted this on December 16, 2015, 19:40

• inShare17
It seems like the latest Windows update interferes with some of the IncrediMail components and causes it to crash when launching the application.

Until we find a proper solution, please implement the following workaround according to your Windows version.

Windows 10:

1. Go to: Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/Programs and Features
2. Select 'View Installed updates' on the left menu
3. Select update KB3132372 that is listed under Microsoft Windows, and click 'Uninstall a program'.
4. Once it's done, please restart your computer.

Please Note: Microsoft updater may install the above update again unless you manually stop it. So you may disable the updater for a while or uninstall the specific update each time until we will release a fix.

Windows 7 & 8:

1. Open IncrediMail and wait for the Windows crash dialog.

2. Click on “Close Program” to close the application.

3. Click on the IncrediMail tray icon near the Windows clock to open IncrediMail.

You may need to perform the above procedure a few times before the IncrediMail application eventually opens.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The IncrediMail Team
Hi,
I did try looking for KB3132372 in Windows 10. It shows it in the Settings and when I go to Control Panel it is not there. The only one there is the most recent one that Windows did just the other day. So how can I uninstall it. I appreciate your help.

Reaction score
I see KB3132372 in Windows 10 under Setttings and Updates but when I click uninstall at the top it takes me to Control Panel. When I look in installed updates KB3132372 is not there. The only Flash Update is there most recent one from the other day. So how can I uninstall the problem one. I'd appreciate any help.

Myrna

Reaction score
I see KB3132372 in Windows 10 under Setttings and Updates but when I click uninstall at the top it takes me to Control Panel. When I look in installed updates KB3132372 is not there. The only Flash Update is there most recent one from the other day. So how can I uninstall the problem one. I'd appreciate any help.

Myrna
the new one should over write the old one

Reaction score
the new one should over write the old one
Does that mean that there is still a compatibility issue with flash and Incredimail. I know Incredimail has listed an update to correct it but when I use that then I lose functions that I paid for. I have the Incredimail that about 15 years ago I bought Premium and Gold lifetime memberships. Then Incredimail decided to make it yearly. They have told me that they will not give me the functions I paid for. So I went back to the version that was working for me and that is the version that had the flash issue. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm the same. I'm on an old build too
Incredimail by phone a Supervisor informed me that they would be eventually removing all lifetime members uses of premium and gold and force the yearly membership. So much for Customer Service or Customer Loyalty. I am hoping that sooner or later it fixes itself. My Version is 6605282. I made sure I have that exe file on my computer and on a flash drive. Soon they won't let us have that either. The only thing they offer now is the one where you loose some of the features. They offer a fix for the crash problem and then at the same time they take care of another problem they have. That is removing features from the lifetime members. Hope your's works soon.

Reaction score
Finally! Today, 1/7/2016, I received an email from Incredimail with a file to fix the problem. IT WORKED! I am so happy because I was going nuts trying to survive without the program. Nothing else works as well as Incredimail..
I hope it continues to work smoothly. Look for the link from Incredimail. : just download it, then reinstall Incredimail. There's nothing else to do.

I

I lost the Incredimail file IM fix
it is no longer available from Incredimail as they want you to update to the latest version and I don't want to do this
Is it available anywhere ??

Reaction score
Mine was crashing too. I removed the KB3132372 as suggested by PeteW, but this did not work. I finally just used compatibility mode for Windows 7 and all seems to be well again. For now anyway.
How do you do the compatibility mode? It's worth a try.

Ask a Question