IncrediMail Crashing immediately it displays page.

Reaction score
Hi All, I have just had my Win 10 Home edition re-installed by very helpful Microsoft Answer Desk techy after I performed a Reset that corrupted. After the re-install, it updated and since then, my Incredimail crashes as soon as it comes on screen. Tried uninstalling / reinstalling and same thing is happening. Anyone got the answer please. Thanks in anticipation.

Reaction score
The same with me. I have Windows 10 on my desktop PC and it will not run incredimail 2.5 except to start then immediately close. On the other hand, my laptop with Windows 10 running incredimail v2.0 is still fine.
Big problem as I have saved important e-mails on my desktop PC and can't get to retrieve them. So please Incredimail, work with Microsoft and sort this out please! I read a note on Incredimail website saying that they apologise for inconvenience caused and are trying to resolve the problem and would let up know as and when.
Don't be too long Eh! Won't run in 'compatibility mode' either. Incredimail are blaming Microsoft for its latest updates for Windows 10. Meanwhile I am running Mailbird, does the job and has no issues with Windows 10. Incidentally, Incredimail always insisted that we run 'Flash player' - Windows 10 has its own and will not run Flash. So rather than remove my long standing and successful Incredimail (all versions) that have run for more than 20 years on various PC's practically trouble-free. I feel that best to wait until something POSITIVE comes from this problem. :)

Reaction score
John, how are you getting incredimail 2.0 as I used to use that one, but only can find if they sent me a link to it through tech support. Is there another way to get it? I will check out more on their site,....

Reaction score
John, how are you getting incredimail 2.0 as I used to use that one, but only can find if they sent me a link to it through tech support. Is there another way to get it? I will check out more on their site,....
* Hi Danielle, I had it stashed on a memory stick from a while back. This is before I updated my lap-top to Win 10. I have tried, as you have to downloadv.2.0 from Incredimail but was unsuccessful too. The installation is in .rar format and the upload facility won't accept it but it will in .zip (if I had WinZip).
I feel sure that the problem will be sorted out soon and why not leave your version of 2.5 installed and download a trial version of Mailbird, to fill the waiting time. I did and pleased that I did.. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi everybody. The crash comes from the notifier (the popup that opens when you see an email). Just go to the folder where incredimail is installed (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin ) and delete PhotoMailToolbars.swf . After that open incredimail and before it receives any email , click on notifier icon in toolbar and select No Notifier. That's a spare tire untill Incredimail guys solve the problem. Hope this helps you.

Reaction score
Hi BigBen63, that is a certain fix for now and thanks for the information. The path on my PC is same as yours. Have found the file you mentioned plus the next to it namely 'PhotoMailSection.swf' and renamed them both .old. Did not delete as they might be needed later on when a fix from Incredimail arrives and then maybe name them back with the suffix. .swf. These files are now held as .OLD files in the listing and no longer called to service the Incredimail v2.5. Top LH of screen still has the blacked out square but who cares! Your Fix is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hy John.I'm glad it helped. Sure is a good idea you had to rename them. I'll do that too before someone empty the recycle bin.

Reaction score
Hi BigBen63. My files did not have the suffix .swf --so I added .OLD to the two files PhotoMailToolbars and PhotoMailSection. Then, I opened my Incredimail just as you said...immediately, too! (Yay)...and I clicked off the notifier for now. You are correct...all that is missing is the clock in the upper right corner. For those of you like me who are less computer savvy, this means you open your "This PC" drive in the little file where documents, etc. are located---open the C drive...find the file labeled Program FIles (x86) and follow what BigBen63 said to do! It worked! YAY!!!! Thank you both!

Reaction score
Hi everybody. The crash comes from the notifier (the popup that opens when you see an email). Just go to the folder where incredimail is installed (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin ) and delete PhotoMailToolbars.swf . After that open incredimail and before it receives any email , click on notifier icon in toolbar and select No Notifier. That's a spare tire untill Incredimail guys solve the problem. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the fix info. I did try this and it works. Only thing I noticed is it disables the clock in the upper right corner. I can live with that until a fix comes. I just renamed the file OLD...anything else you would suggest to name it in case file might utilize it later?

Reaction score
The same with me. I have Windows 10 on my desktop PC and it will not run incredimail 2.5 except to start then immediately close. On the other hand, my laptop with Windows 10 running incredimail v2.0 is still fine.
Big problem as I have saved important e-mails on my desktop PC and can't get to retrieve them. So please Incredimail, work with Microsoft and sort this out please! I read a note on Incredimail website saying that they apologise for inconvenience caused and are trying to resolve the problem and would let up know as and when.
Don't be too long Eh! Won't run in 'compatibility mode' either. Incredimail are blaming Microsoft for its latest updates for Windows 10. Meanwhile I am running Mailbird, does the job and has no issues with Windows 10. Incidentally, Incredimail always insisted that we run 'Flash player' - Windows 10 has its own and will not run Flash. So rather than remove my long standing and successful Incredimail (all versions) that have run for more than 20 years on various PC's practically trouble-free. I feel that best to wait until something POSITIVE comes from this problem. :)

Reaction score
If you have Google chrome use it instead of edge if you can
If not use edge
In Edge go to settings recovery open it look for Latest updates
Recent ones and look for the first new updates the first one ends in 72 you can uninstall it ..this is what is causing the crash incred knows it adobe is the problem

The problem is adobe flash taji

Go down load a little program
Win update disabler
check the top one after you download it
download disabler free

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdo...4b3de25e82ed9ff7a90c/56872d2f/3d47b/0/1?tsf=0

Reaction score
Thank you Ben for your fix. This problem was driving me round the bend until I came across your post do, once again, many thanks.

Martin.

Reaction score
I assume people will now know that there is a new Windows 10 Update which gets rid of the problem but, for those who are not aware of it, the reference number is KB3087040. I installed it on my Windows 10 PC a few hours ago and, so far anyway, all would appear to be well with IncrediMail so let's hope that continues to be the case.

Martin.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume people will now know that there is a new Windows 10 Update which gets rid of the problem but, for those who are not aware of it, the reference number is KB3087040. I installed it on my Windows 10 PC a few hours ago and, so far anyway, all would appear to be well with IncrediMail so let's hope that continues to be the case.

Martin.
Thanks for the heads-up Martin, but....
As far as I can tell, KB3087040 is not a "new" update. The Microsoft Update Catalog shows that it was a Flasher Player Update from September and or October of 2015.

Capture.JPG

There is a newer Flash Player update Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3133431), but....
I don't think that even that one is addressing or has resolved the problem with Incredimail. I've asked in a couple other threads and the only reply I've received has been https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/incredimail-crashed.6646/#post-29122

Reaction score
In that case, I am confused. I was told about this, downloaded and installed it and my IncrediMail seems to be working fine. Other than that, there is nothing else I can say, other than I did notice the update number was lower than the one which caused the problem in the first place i.e. KB3132382.

Martin.

Reaction score
Hi again, having been a bit puzzled about this, I decided to do some investigating and noticed that a Windows Update had been installed on my PC on the 5th, KB3133431, so I went looking for information on it, and came across this, proving in fact that that was had fixed IncrediMail for me and not the one I previously reported so, sorry for any confusion. If you don't have KB3133431 installed and are still having IncrediMail problems, then download it when you have the time.

Martin.

Reaction score
Hi Martin, I thought that we were in the clear at last. I updated the Windows 10 after reading your bulletin and sure enough it installed K83087040. Then I restarted the PC and went into C:\Program Files (x86)\ PhotoMailToolbars and PhotoMailSection - then named the files that I had changed a few days ago rather than delete them ( I had changed .swf to .OLD). Now back as it was but noticed that the files description being named Shockwave Flash Objects had a small update probably an attempt to return an increment that had been overwritten by the later damaging update for Windows 10. After another reboot the Incredimail v2.5 started OK and did not as it used to, send the error message and then close but remained onscreen and usable. It looks as though there is some good come from the update that you first mentioned. I still do have the black square on the top left of my screen but there is a general improvement in the running of Incredimail, so things seem to be moving, albeit slowly in the right direction. I thought that I would download v2.5 from Incredimail and overwrite my copy since it would still leave my setup and emails, address book etc. intact. Starting to download was fine. Setting up started but I had a message telling me that there was a problem downloading and to try again at a later date. I checked my PC security/firewall and that is not the cause. I conclude then that as Incredimail has the problem at present that they are either in high download demand or just not allowing downloads at present. Time will tell I think. At least my icredimail still works although not 100%. Many thanks and good luck to all who are seeking a solution.

Quote: Nothing is perfect but some things are more perfect than others. John.

Reaction score
Hi John, I still prefer IncrediMail 2.0 and that is what I use and, since whichever of the two aforementioned Windows Updates sorted the problem for me and, like you, I got rid of the .old file extensions (mine, like some others, did not have the .swf extension) mine has been absolutely fine. I hope you get the same result.
Best of luck,
Martin.

Reaction score
Hi John, I still prefer IncrediMail 2.0 and that is what I use and, since whichever of the two aforementioned Windows Updates sorted the problem for me and, like you, I got rid of the .old file extensions (mine, like some others, did not have the .swf extension) mine has been absolutely fine. I hope you get the same result.
Best of luck,
Martin.

Hi Martin, Yes I run Incredimail v2.0 on my laptop with Windows 10 still and it presents no problems as yet. I am still hopeful that my desktop PC running Windows 10 and Incredimail v2.5 will continue to run reasonably well. There is an obvious 'conflict' between the Windows 10 updates and Incredimail and maybe we should look into the graphics compatibility side of things, not Flash alone. Microsoft introduced their new browser which seems to have issues with some other older software that I use and find that using IE instead does make a difference. I am not a fan of Google Chrome that comes along as an option on the previous downloads from Incredimail and on an occasion I had quite serious problems with my PC. I asked for help from Enigma Software as I use SpyHunter. This led to a session where the company took over my PC and went at it remotely and discovered that it was Google Chrome causing problems. They did ask me on the net if I had installed it and Yes I Had. In their hands the expert removed every trace of Google Chrome and from that day on, never a hitch! My question is: Could there be this sort of problem now with Microsoft Edge? Here again it must be a compatibility issue between the new standard and an older one. Having used Incredimail since day 1 a couple of decades ago and purchasing it too, not just a freebee, there was never a problem, even in later years the free versions had run well on XP, Vista, Glorious Win 7, Rubbish Win 8.1 so now on the be all and end all, Incredimail 2.5 wont run well even in compatibility mode. Onwards and upwards!

Quote: Nothing is perfect but some things are more perfect than others. John.

Attachments

• Incredimail screen pic.JPG
    Incredimail screen pic.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,027

Ask a Question