Incredimail problems. Crashing and much more. Help!

Reaction score
I have to confess that I posted this with an older discussion. But I am worried that it may not get viewed so have decided to start a new discussion. Apologies if it causes any problems.

I too had the same problem with the flash update and thanks to this forum I was able to remove it and Incredimail worked again. However when this problem first started Incredimail suggested I do a reinstall. I did a manual backup first as Incredimail no longer has a facility to export messages and address book. I followed all the instructions and when I had Incredimail up and running again it was minus the latest month of emails. being Christmas it was a quiet time for emails so it was frustrating but I was able to work around it. Incredimail still failed to open occasionally or stopped responding but I would try a few times and it was okay.

I used to use Incredimail for my business so I have thousands of emails in many folders. I decided it was a good time to do a tidy up so I spent a few days going through all my emails and deleted many of them, just keeping what is relevant to me now. That is still a lot of emails and many of them very important.

So 2 days ago I get a message from Incredimail that there was a fix. great. So I did a manual update of the Identities folder and updated. And there I am with Incredimail with many of the deleted emails back and all the January emails missing. So I Imported the backed up Identities folder. January emails still missing (many of them are desperately needed). And to add to the sheer frustration it has imported yet again all the deleted files. So now I have multiples of everything. Like 20 INBOX and many copies of every single folder. So now it is one huge crazy mess that needs editing and I don't know where to begin. I will have 20 folders relating to the same business or person. They are all over the place so it is risky to delete one folder in case I delete the one that I need to keep. because they are all over the place I can't even compare them. And because Incredimail is so clogged it takes ages to open and then sometimes doesn't respond. And ditto when I start trying to delete some of the unwanted folders. I am talking tens of thousands of emails when you take into account all the duplicates.

the crazy thing about the missing January emails. I have opened some of the folders on the Identities backup. If I click on the attachments lists I can see images that I emailed in January. So the January emails are there. They are just not importing. Any suggestions why or how I can get to them?

The following was posted a couple of weeks ago

I think I may have found a solution to Incredimail not working after the latest update: First, go to the Windows update settings and select "Advanced". Then, on the pull down menu where it says "Automatic (recommended)" , use the pull down to select " Notify to schedule restart". This way, you won't get the new updates, but Incredimail will work after this NEXT step: Now, go to the start menu and click on "Back up & Restore" select that, then select Restore to an earlier date. Select a restore point from 12/29/15 or earlier. This may take a while to complete, but after that, open up Incredimail and it should work perfectly. Keep in mind that it's a trade off because you'll be missing out on the latest Windows10 updates which may be important. I'm hoping Incredimail will fix the problem so we all don't have to worry anymore and can go on enjoying Windows10 and Incredimail, which, by the way, I think is the very best, user friendly email client out there. (I've tried several and all others were disappointing). Best of luck. Bulldog111

If I did this and dated my computer to 2 days ago before I did the update could this possibly revert Incredimail back to how it was with my January email back in place. How risky is it? I have done very little other work on the computer since then and would just need to redo my iTunes update. And any important emails received since then I am forwarding to my Gmail account which isn't with Incredimail - thank goodness.

And the final question is. Can anyone suggest a suitable email replacement as I am done with Incredimail? It used to be brilliant but now it is a time bomb. It doesn't have to free. I just need to be able to convert and import my Incredimail data and still have access to folders and being able to organize my emails. It doesn't have to have all the fancy stuff that Incredimail does. I just want reliable email and access to all the emails I currently have.

Sorry about the long post but I hope there is some help coming from this forum.

Thanks Carol

Reaction score
Hi. Just a question in addition to the above.

If I purchase Microsoft Office 365 home on annual subscription will I be able to convert and import all my Incredimail messages? Can I have more than one email account so that all messages from both accounts come into the one application? I don't want to have to set up multiple Outlook accounts.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Hi I too had trouble with incredimail after paying for it
I still dumped it and now use the Mail App that comes with windows 10
I have set up my MSN, Gmail, yahoo and aol all work just the same as it did with incredimail without the hassle.
On your e-mails you are having trouble with are they actually an incredimail app or do you have to import them.
You can do the same with Outlook a part of office 2016.

Hopefully if you put your incredimail address in outlook they should all come over but don't quote me on that as I never have tried it I kept backups of mail I wanted in Hotmail in a folder

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I used Incredimail for years and generally was very happy with it. It is mainly since moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that I have had some bad problems.

From what I have read the format that Incredimail uses is different to what Outlook or similar software uses hence the need for it to be converted to a suitable format. There isn't actually an Incredimail address for my emails. I use an Australian email address which is with the main internet supplier here. It is called Bigpond. So from what I have researched I have to set up Outlook to accept those email addresses then convert all the mail so that it can be read.

I have checked out the Mail App that comes with Windows 10 and I don't think it is suitable for my needs. I can't see where it allows me to to create separate folders and as all my emails that are in Incredimail are in folders I would like them to stay there.

At the moment it is quite a mess as there are thousands of previously deleted emails plus multiples of everything. It would be a nightmare to try and edit them. I am considering turning back Windows to two days ago before I did the update. I then wouldn't have all these excess emails plus I would still have the missing January emails.

Ask a Question