IncrediMail Crashing immediately it displays page.

Reaction score
Hi John, yes I too use the purchased version of IncrediMail and have had few problems over the years, nothing that wasn't fixed easily. As to browsers, I am very much a Firefox man and have been for more years than I care to remember, not particularly liking Chrome and definitely not liking IE. I had a quick look at Edge when I updated to windows 10 but very quickly decided that I would be sticking with Firefox so I can't blame it for any of these problems as I have never opened it since. Did you look at the link I put into Post #17 where it would appear that the cause of the problem was definitely Update KB3132372.

I have not had a problem now for a couple of days - fingers crossed.

Martin.

Reaction score
Hi Martin, thanks for reply. I have checked my Windows 10 updates and the KB3132372 is not in the listing history so I'm leaving that one! I have another idea that might or might not improve the situation, have updated all drivers on the system and that made no difference. It seems then that browsers are not a problem but something in Incredimail 2.5, when clicking a link appears to go to a completely different browser - maybe its own but I'm thinking that it is Microsoft Edge. Another issue I have with Incredimail v2.5 now is when forwarding an email my PC screen whites out and stays like that until I close Incredimail which gets Incredimail from the screen leaving the 'white' area and the black square in top left corner. Somehow and I haven't pinpointed a reason that Incredimail is causing this to happen. A 'refresh' doesn't do it but to go to 'taskbar' Incredimail icon on RH side and click EXIT returns the PC to its normal state. I noticed in 'Task Manager' that my memory usage on Incredimail was around 83%. That is sooooo high! But has always been a 'needy' application. I have tried the trouble shooting and found no issues except those that we now encounter. I dare say that most users will have tried these maintenance scans in an effort to find a cause for this 'ailment'.
My PC is HP Envy 700 - 64Gb Ram and runs 64 bit. Incredimail is a 32 bit installation. *

John.

Quote: Nothing ventured, nothing gained except a headache! John

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi John, yes, when you click on a link in IncrediMail 2.5 it uses its own browser, one of the things which made me instantly dislike Version 2.5 and go off and find a Version 2.0 download, which fortunately I was able to find and install. However, I have since read that it possible to go into the Options menu and stop that happening and just found this page with information which should help you. I'm sorry, I can offer no help at all with your other Version 2.5 issues.

Have you installed the update I referred to Post #17, KB3133431? It has definitely worked for me and for my brother-in-law.

Martin.

Reaction score
Just when I believed everything was back to normal, I tried to open IncrediMail a few moments ago and again got the dreaded error message that it couldn't open and Windows would try to find a solution for the problem. I went back into the program files and renamed the two previously mentioned files to .old and then switched off the notifier, and all is fine again, except of course, I no longer have Jeeves telling me "You have mail Sir" - obviously I can live without him but I have grown rather fond of him over the years. :(

Martin.

Reaction score
Just when I believed everything was back to normal, I tried to open IncrediMail a few moments ago and again got the dreaded error message that it couldn't open and Windows would try to find a solution for the problem. I went back into the program files and renamed the two previously mentioned files to .old and then switched off the notifier, and all is fine again, except of course, I no longer have Jeeves telling me "You have mail Sir" - obviously I can live without him but I have grown rather fond of him over the years. :(

Martin.
I have exactly the same problem this evening Martin! So as you did, I renamed the 2 files to .OLD as we had previously done. All in all not going forward at present. In fact I had removed such items as Silverlight and re-installed it. Made no difference. Wouldn't it be nice if the problem could be solved by Incredimail and Microsoft working together on this. Regards from John.

Quote: Nothing ventured, nothing gained except a headache! John

Reaction score
Hi John, that is interesting that you have come up with the same problem and cure. I must admit I don't have a clue as to what's going on and agree it would be good if IncrediMail and Microsoft could work together and get the problem fixed once and for all. I used a remote control program to "update" my brother-in-law's PC today, so now I am going to have to go back tomorrow and reverse what I did today, shall we call it a "downdate"? ;)

Martin.

Reaction score
Plus 1 minus 1 = Zero Martin, we seem to be going round in circles. Yes as you say, a 'downdate'. Logically we try to help with these problems but it appears that there is no obvious cure from anyone despite all the suggestions that I have read on the many posts.
I have been what Microsoft call and 'Insider' I imagine many of us are. For years I have tested software for Microsoft including the 'white ephalump' Vista for 18 months before its release. Oh joy! Then the best ever thing happened, Windows 7 which I tested for a year before its release- a mix of XP and Vista in sensible proportions and much more user friendly as most will agree. Less demanding on the everyday PC in the graphics area, memory etc. I feel that Windows 7 for Desktop and laptops alike had a long life ahead of it. Windows 7 with the regular updates and service packs seemed to offer everything we could wish for and yet despite the feelings of the majority, Microsoft pushed us into another promised land called Windows v 8.0 & v 8.1 but only to capture more revenue from tablet and cellphone customers attempting to make a 'universal' package. Honestly, when I saw Windows (Mickey Mouse) 8.0 and 8.1, I couldn't imagine that kind of structure being seriously used in an office/business environment. In no time at all we had been told that Microsoft was going to deliver FREE a package to end all packages as this would be the ultimate and future of Microsoft's offerings, having believed that it would become the 'universally' accepted O/S. Naturally there would be 'teething' problems and there sure are. It is early days I know. I feel certain that at some time in the future (sooner the better), that most of the issues in Windows 10 will be addressed, and other sourced software will have caught up with the NEW technology, because unless this happens, I fear that customers will be looking towards other brands of software for trouble free satisfaction. They are out there. Apple Mac being one of them. Expensive, yes! Just waiting in the wings to pounce.
The experts from Microsoft rely on their customers/users tests, trials and developments with their suggestions to develop their Operating Systems but unless they listen, then it's a futile practice. It seems that this is the case with Incredimail right now. The technicians should be working 24/7 to get things done, sorted, corrected. Whatever it takes. zzzzzzzzzz!!!

John.

Quote: If at first you don't succeed, let someone else do it. John

Reaction score
Hi John, as you say, we ARE going round in circle, ever decreasing ones at that, and about to disappear up our own *********. I most definitely do agree with you about Windows 7 being the best version bar none so, why they didn't just stick with it, with additional updates as and when necessary, I know not, other than, as you say, to make money from the tablet and cellphone market. I also agree that Apple will be watching all this ready to sell Macs to everyone who decides to jump ship from Microsoft, and there could be lots of them, so Mr Gates, tell your guys to buck up their ideas and get the ship back on an even keel and remind them all of a very important business point - no company has a divine right to any customer!!! You have to work hard to get customers and even harder to keep them.

Martin.

Reaction score
Hello Martin, Buying into Nokia was the main reason with the Windows v8.0 on it. I bought one! Always a fan of Nokia and owned many. Maybe Windows v8.0 on Nokia Lumia was the start of the revolution and that went sour after a while. Now having evolved to a further stage on PC's such as we use, it does seem alien still. In my own mind they seem to have added Donald Duck to Mickey Mouse to further interest the general public Worldwide. (A get-out of Windows 8.1 (as-fast-as-we-can-move.)
As an ex IT College teacher of a few years ago, either this has left me far behind and my mind-set is stuck in antiquity mode. Or my logic is telling me that Microsoft is taking us all down the garden path until Pluto joins in! Microsoft had the monopoly in the O/S market for a long time now, billions of dollars lining Bill's coffers. Since he sat back, the new way does not seem to be the best way. As you say Martin, - no company has a divine right to any customer!!! You have to work hard to get customers and even harder to keep them. Never a truer word!
This doesn't exactly solve the issues we have with Incredimail, especially as it won't run in Compatibility mode. I am wondering if Microsoft has business issues with Incredimail since they are in bed with Google to a degree. At least my observations point me to think this way. Especially as Microsoft has its own e-mail software in MS Office and are hedging off other very popular Applications like Incredimail. My next possible step is to return to Windows 7 which will mean a clean wipe on this PC, my main one. I do have a good spare and might just dedicate it for Microsofts' BEST yet O/S Windows 7. Hoping of course that they don't stop service packs, driver maintenance and updates as they did with old faithful Windows XP. History does repeat itself and more so where there is big pennies to be made whatever the cost. Would they consider keeping the sales of Win 7 as an option to the offerings we are getting these days.
Mistake No1. We lost XP to Vista. Mistake No.2 Vista itself. Mistake No.3. Not keeping Windows 7. Mistake No.4 Buying Nokia. Mistake No.5 Windows v8.1 alias Michael Mouse - very soon unpopular and a scrabble to get in in the bin for Windows 10. Mistake No.6 Not fully developing Win 10 and proving it before it hit the public. What is next Martin?

John.

Quote: I'm thinking of buying a new Bentley just as long as it is the completely working and tested vehicle. Not putting it in my garage if I have to have it towed back to the manufacturers, would you? John.

Reaction score
Hi John, you make some extremely good points in that last post with which I wholeheartedly agree. However, I have no answer to your question - what next? I came across another problem with Windows 10 whilst working on my brother-in-law's PC today via Teamviewer, that being that the Start button would do nothing except when right-clicking on it, when the menu would appear, but clicking on any command did nothing. I Googled the problem and found that it is not uncommon and tried a few of the supposed remedies. The only thing that finally worked was when I broke the connection and then he stopped/started the PC four times before it finally righted itself. Of course, you then have to wonder how long before the problem resurfaces?

As you say, Microsoft should have debugged Windows 10 before pushing it out to the millions of users who are now suffering the problems that come with it.

That said, my Incredimail once again seems to be working okay for the time being anyway, fingers crossed!

Martin.

Reaction score
I'm wondering what's next too Martin - it'll be a surprise !!
The problem you had with the start button happened with my PC too. A reboot (Hardware restart holding on/off Mains Power button in until it turns off) had to be done at the risk of wrecking the software etc. but as luck has it, Windows 10 seems to be robust enough to not 'break', could be a reset to a previous time when the PC was running normally. That used to be a selectable option in Win 7. Perhaps it has some safety built into Win 10. That problem has not reappeared so far in about a month.
That's good with your Incredimail is working OK though, no change with my installation v2.5 same as ever. Nowadays, after this time I am suspicious of any MS Updates :rolleyes: but until they are installed we will never know what ails they could bring.

John.

Quote: A new day, a new problem or a nice surprise - bring it on! John :)

Reaction score
Ah, so you too have had the Start Button problem. I had never heard of it until it happened yesterday and I went Googling (as one does) for an answer. Like you, the only way to turn off his PC was to hold the on/off button until the PC closed down, not what one would choose to do. However, he says it is still okay today, so we'll see what happens. So far, I have not encountered the problem on my own PC and hope I don't - time, as always, will tell.

I must admit I am becoming, like you, a bit apprehensive about MS Updates - again, time will tell.

Martin.

Ask a Question