Install Google Earth Pro on a USB stick

Reaction score
I am probably the millionth person to ask this. I did an Internet search but found no answers.

I have a laptop with a SS hard drive, 260 MB.

I would like to install Google Earth Pro on a USB stick.
Question 1: Can I do this?
Question 2: If yes, how?

Thank you

Reaction score
First, your SSD is probably 260GB but more likely 240GB or 256GB, my latest was advertised at 240GB but turned out to actually be 256GB, a bonus for me.

Have you tried a Custom install? Many programs have never liked being installed on removable drives but I have had success with small Notebooks with an add-in MicroSDXC card and Custom installing on it plus using for additional storage.

Reaction score
This is all I can find on the subject!:

Direct from GitHub:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!. :)

Reaction score
Interesting idea. How would you use it? Just curious. Since google maps open in most browsers now, if you select a location, I would not really see the value??

Reaction score
@ Bighorn - Yes, I am aware the advertised size is usually, or should I say always, larger than the available size.

@ davehc - I had planned on using it in the normal way. Sorry,but I didn't understand your statement about google maps opening in most browsers.

Reaction score
No Prob. I use the google search engine. Possibly it only works for that. But if I click a location, say, for example, my home town, in the selections available will be a google map, which I can expand - show the satellite terrain view...etc., and even drop the little fellow on to a finer point to have a street level look.

Reaction score
No Prob. I use the google search engine. Possibly it only works for that. But if I click a location, say, for example, my home town, in the selections available will be a google map, which I can expand - show the satellite terrain view...etc., and even drop the little fellow on to a finer point to have a street level look.
Google maps works great, but lacks many features Google Earth has.

Reaction score
Ok. Guess it depends on user requirements. Are they still updating it since it went freeware?

Reaction score
Mine was last updated in March. There still are occasional updates. It actually lost a lot of features when it went freeware. I had the paid pro version for years. I was very disappointed when they gutted it to go free.

Ask a Question