SOLVED Java Incompatibility

Reaction score
On a daily basis, I VPN into numerous data center servers and then browse to devices. Ever since I was prompted to update to Java version 8 Update 221, I cannot browse into certain servers. Also, when I check Manage Add-Ons in IE, now the Java entries are "incompatible". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java with no change of status. Plus, I've even installed the legacy version that worked before. However, that version also shows up as incompatible.
Any thoughts?

Reaction score
On a daily basis, I VPN into numerous data center servers and then browse to devices. Ever since I was prompted to update to Java version 8 Update 221, I cannot browse into certain servers. Also, when I check Manage Add-Ons in IE, now the Java entries are "incompatible". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java with no change of status. Plus, I've even installed the legacy version that worked before. However, that version also shows up as incompatible.
Any thoughts?

For the short term, I discovered that by disabling Internet Protected Mode, I am able to navigate through all servers. I will investigate further into IE settings and my firewall settings.

Ask a Question